I want a Stone Glacier child carrier.

PennDude

FNG
I have a 2 year old and a 5 month old right now and will probably have a couple more kids in the near future. Well, I really like taking them on hikes and I was thinking about how rad a SG child carrier would be on my XCurve frame. I'm currently using a discontinued Sherpani to tote my living meat bags around but I think SG could make a superior child carrier backpack.

bowhnt

Lil-Rokslider
I just went through the same thing. I had a backpack child carrier Laying around. It was super uncomfortable so I rigged it up to use with my sg frame. I would love to see one of the big pack makers make a child carrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deepshax

WKR
I don't see them doing this for insurance reasons - liability insurance for operations manufacturing products for babies/toddlers is $$$

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
A bunch of guys including myself run the poco strapped to a frame. On my duplex frame, I run a grab it in companion with one or two straps perpendicular to the frame. I have a strap with two male buckles to make the swap between a bag and a carrier faster.

Last week, I carried my 2.5 year old in the bag and my 4 year old on my shoulders/sitting a little on the frame(she needed a break). It worked as well as 70 lbs that talk/scream/wiggle can go.

5SLhJC4m.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I would really like to see some pictures of the poco attachments to the xcurve frame if you get a chance

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

dotman

WKR
Just strap what you currently use to your SG frame, that’s what I did to my Kifaru. I have a kelty kid hauler that I removed all the straps from and can easily secure to my Kifaru frame.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
I would really like to see some pictures of the poco attachments to the xcurve frame if you get a chance

This is on a duplex but you can do the same thing on an xcurve. I left the straps super loose so you can see attachment points.

Run your straps between the sling for your kid and the kid carrier frame
dpaP66v.jpg

OxXbPPqm.jpg

Side
QhpP1jym.jpg

Bottom
udsNo9Vm.jpg

This is on a duplex but you can do the same thing on an xcurve. I left the straps super loose so you can see attachment points.

dpaP66v.jpg

OxXbPPqm.jpg

Side
QhpP1jym.jpg

Bottom
udsNo9Vm.jpg
Thank you, I'm glad I asked for pictures. I originally thought you were talking about actually removing the built in frame on the kid hauler and replacing it with your hunting pack frame.

sr80

WKR
I rigged up our dueter kid comfort onto my x-curve when i had it. Took the belt and shoulder straps off the kid carrier and used the load shelf and straps to attach to the frame, worked awesome actually

Smash

Lil-Rokslider
These are awesome ideas. I use a Kelty for my son and it’s not bad until I’m done carrying him and I feel how much I hurt(usually about 2 hours max until he is sick of it. Would much rather carry him using my exo frame because I shouldn’t hurt that bad after carrying 30 lbs for 2 hours.

Takem

WKR

dpaP66v.jpg

OxXbPPqm.jpg

Side
QhpP1jym.jpg

Bottom
udsNo9Vm.jpg

I did something similar with my duplex frame and Nomad pack. I took as much as I could off of the child carrier pack and straped into the Nomad. Worked great.

2cdfe7ef082ac661fbe31f23752e8d70.jpg

d84f7f4bf797a0199fb1702a923082bc.jpg

20b6ce90102fd54aff6d104fb311432e.jpg

afa15f846019b6526fd182e8dec4ebb9.jpg

183b5449964fd00b0bffc35b42b8fc25.jpg

Deuter kid comfort 2 mounted on a hunter frame, I wouldn’t recommend using the frames for anything other then what the manufacturer stated of course though.

Kifaru grab it. Works great. Facing forward or back. He prefers forward most times but, the bag was full of gear that made that uncomfortable

Attachments

• 61F8EB31-77CC-46D5-9490-2DDD3F8A52CD.jpg
    61F8EB31-77CC-46D5-9490-2DDD3F8A52CD.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 137
Kifaru grab it. Works great. Facing forward or back. He prefers forward most times but, the bag was full of gear that made that uncomfortable

That’s awesome lol. I just put my little girl down inside my reckoning bag with a hardback book in the bottom for her to stand on. I tighten the middle compression strap so she can sit in it like a sling. She rides pretty well back there except for when she twists my ear and tells me to go faster!
dfd32faa37f2dbe57d5ececc26b0b279.jpg

i count eye guards

Lil-Rokslider
That’s awesome lol. I just put my little girl down inside my reckoning bag with a hardback book in the bottom for her to stand on. I tighten the middle compression strap so she can sit in it like a sling. She rides pretty well back there except for when she twists my ear and tells me to go faster!
dfd32faa37f2dbe57d5ececc26b0b279.jpg

Don't take this the wrong way, that's cute as ****

4ester

WKR
It’s pretty simple to strap the Kelty Kid Carrier onto the SG Krux Frame. I’ve done it a few times.

AGPank

WKR
Great topic! I inherited one of the Deuter packs above. It’s been good the limited times I’ve used it.

I have a Kifaru Lite on order, may play with some ideas. I have a Kelty kid carrier and Bjorn One to experiment with.