FYI: PALS sleeves for mystery ranch guidelight frame

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Taking this topic out of the DIY area, for those that don't wander in there, now that I've tested them over my hunting season. I personally wanted PALS on this frame's belt and created some PALS sleeves for it. The sleeve has spacer mesh that wraps around most of the belt pad, there are some loops inside the sleeve to slide the MR belt webbing through and the rear is held down with Velcro that is sandwiched into the Velcro at the rear of the MR belt pads. So an FYI on this option for those who may want PALS also (personal preference).

Classifieds listing for those interested: http://www.rokslide.com/forums/rokslide-classifieds/93073-pals-sleeves-mystery-ranch-guidelight.html

7WwtfiEl.jpg

kzNpCYhl.jpg

Very cool! When I was PM’ing you about something similar my mind was thinking something different, but this looks like a great design!

Will you be working on the same thing for the SG xcurve?

OP
pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Haven't given much thought to setting up my EVO belt yet (if I do PALS it would likely be a surface panel since the straps on that belt don't go slack like the MR belt does). But I need to build my pack first and keep working off my backlog before playing around with it.

strand

Lil-Rokslider
8576538ed15dc5f0ec633ccc740fa416.jpg

6c968468ca10d2c1b17b034f3b5d58c3.jpg

058baabbd18e5462e50ac36d9ca4ba4b.jpg

I put on 9 miles in the ND Badlands yesterday and these PALS sleeves didn’t shift at all. They really feel like part of the pack, as if they were a factory option from Mystery Ranch. If you’re even thinking about it you need to get a set. Anybody that installs them on their belt will really appreciate the design and all the thought that went in to them. The things are rock solid.

strand

Lil-Rokslider
Rugged Stitching (pods8 here on Rokslide) made the bottle holder. This one has a short strap and buckle to go around the void on the MR hip belts, but I also own a couple of his that attach to the PALS webbing. I've owned the Kifaru and MR bottle holders, but Rugged Stitching is my favorite...I think I have 2 or 3 of them now on different packs. The bigger pouch on my left side hip belt was also a Rugged Stitching design, just his normal 7"x4"x2" pouch with a zipper. On the right side I have a small Mystery Ranch hip belt pouch in front of the nalgene holder, nothing special but I stash a few things in there as needed. Then the pouch in front of that is another one built by Rugged Stitching. It's built to carry my Canon G7Xii camera, lightly padded with a waterproof zipper. We exchanged a few emails back and forth, agreed on a design and he sewed it up. For something so small it's one of my favorite accessories and allows me to always have my camera handy when I'm hiking or hunting.

hflier

WKR
I will take one for the 29”-34” in Coyote.

PM me the payment info.

Ron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk