I'm going to buy an Exo 3500 for $850 CAD - change my mind.

Muirsy

FNG
First post but long time lurker here;

I'm going to splurge on a 'forever item' here pretty soon. I've had my eyes on a few packs, but the Exo 3500 looks to tick lots of boxes for me. Only issue is that with shipping it's going to cost around $850 Canadian to my door (more if I get the dry bag and a hip pouch). It's also currently out of stock so who knows how long the wait will be.

I can walk into a local store and pick up a MR Metcalf for just over $700 (plus a train fly and hip pouch) or order a SG Solo for around the same as the Exo (although I'd also have to buy the lid, and a hip pouch).

I've read a few posts in the past comparing packs, but just wanted more feedback regarding these 3 specifically.

Thanks guys

J

dotman

WKR
I think you will be glad you paid a little extra to get what you want.

Agree with dotman - sounds like you have the funds ready to go for the Exo, and that's what you really want. Why settle for something else just because it isn't in stock right now.

No experience with any of those packs so can't help you there.

Try to find some other members in your area that will let you try on packs with weight. It makes spending the $800 a lot easier if you at least know the pack will fit and work for you.

JD619er

WKR
Those 3 are all great packs but like these others guys have said you should get what you want the first go around. You don't want to always be wonderinging about the exo. It's happened to me, that's why I've been through 4 different packs in the last year lol

AdamW

WKR
Those 3 are all great packs but like these others guys have said you should get what you want the first go around. You don't want to always be wonderinging about the exo. It's happened to me, that's why I've been through 4 different packs in the last year lol

+1, I'm about to do this with a tripod. "Probably okay" isn't what you want. Go for it!

What if you had it shipped general delivery to a post office in the U S town that's closest to you.Than you take a drive one day and pick it up

cbat

Lil-Rokslider
I have bought packs and traded for packs from Sitka,KUIU, Badlands Eberlerstock MR and several others over the years. I finally spent the money and bought a EXO pack and am glad I did. Fits me and very comfortable to wear.

OP
M

Muirsy

FNG
Thanks for all the replies guys - yeah my gut says Exo. Buy once, cry once as they say haha

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
First post but long time lurker here;

I'm going to splurge on a 'forever item' here pretty soon. I've had my eyes on a few packs, but the Exo 3500 looks to tick lots of boxes for me. Only issue is that with shipping it's going to cost around $850 Canadian to my door (more if I get the dry bag and a hip pouch). It's also currently out of stock so who knows how long the wait will be.

I can walk into a local store and pick up a MR Metcalf for just over $700 (plus a train fly and hip pouch) or order a SG Solo for around the same as the Exo (although I'd also have to buy the lid, and a hip pouch).

I've read a few posts in the past comparing packs, but just wanted more feedback regarding these 3 specifically.

Thanks guys

J

Go with Stone Glacier they are super light weight and the Xcurve frame only weighs 3.1LBS. All the bags are interchangeable so if you wanted to you can always buy say the 5200 and just want a day bag but still want a meat shelf you can just buy the 1700-1800 bag for like a few hundred dollars. The accessories are stupid cheap for them as well. It also depends on the hunting you re going to be doing if you re going in few 5+ days go with the 6200-6900. I use my 6200 as a day bag most of the time just because if packs down into almost nothing. I usually backpack in for 7 days or just hunt from the truck just depending on what I'm hunting and stuff on what bag ill use.

JD619er

WKR
Just to add to my previous post and also help make your decision harder lol I wound up with a mystery ranch after trying a kuiu pack, two different kifaru frames and 3 different kifaru bags. Loving the MR the frame and the bag layouts suite my needs and the price was even better.

Smash

Lil-Rokslider
I’m loving my exo. Well worth the money so far in the little bit of time I have had it.

I’ll add a picture just to tease you.

0cf6f17aed0fce168961d54f1fd56b7b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lipripr

FNG
Just received my exo 5500 yesterday so no field test yet but so far it fits better than anything I’ve had on my back. I had buyers remorse spending that much on a pack until yesterday. Definitely get what you think will work best for you. Good luck

freshta

WKR
I've had a 5500 for a few months. Just humped 82 lbs several miles with it today. Handled the weight great. I love this thing.

young7.3

WKR
If this is your forever pack I would buy the larger bag. Just to cover your forever basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NebraskaStickHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Any of the three would be great packs and there are a few others as well. I would recommend buying the belt pouch as it is quite handy to store items you will use frequently without having to dislocate your shoulder to obtain out of the lid or side pouch of the pack. I would send exomountain an email and ask if they could give you an approximate time the bag would be in stock to ship. Good luck and enjoy the forever purchase.

KBC

WKR
I spent about the same last year on the 3500 getting it to BC. I still haven't gotten any blood on it unfortunately and have really only used it as a daypack so far. I could have gone with the 2000 for my current needs but the 3500 packs down so small and when I can finally put all the gear together I want to start backpack hunting. The older I get the more I hold out for quality stuff. Buy what you want.