I'm going to buy an Exo 3500 for $850 CAD - change my mind.

Brodie1

FNG
Hey I see your out of Calgary. I am up by Stony Plain and have a Exo 3500, SG Sky Archer and a MR Pintler on a Gudielite Frame. They are all excellent packs. If your up this way and want to have a look let me know. I can tell you the are all well built and all fit differently, which is why I have all 3, I am still trying to figure out which I like. It's tough to decide when you only get to look on line. The MR and the SG are medium belts and the Exo is a small.

OP
M

Muirsy

FNG
Hey I see your out of Calgary. I am up by Stony Plain and have a Exo 3500, SG Sky Archer and a MR Pintler on a Gudielite Frame. They are all excellent packs. If your up this way and want to have a look let me know. I can tell you the are all well built and all fit differently, which is why I have all 3, I am still trying to figure out which I like. It's tough to decide when you only get to look on line. The MR and the SG are medium belts and the Exo is a small.

Thanks for the offer Brodie!

I ended up pulling the trigger on the Exo with some accessories. I emailed support to ask a few questions and Steve emailed me back within 5 minutes - that was the deal sealer for me!

Thanks for everyone’s feedback!

Firehawk

WKR
Thanks for the offer Brodie!

I ended up pulling the trigger on the Exo with some accessories. I emailed support to ask a few questions and Steve emailed me back within 5 minutes - that was the deal sealer for me!

Thanks for everyone’s feedback!

A few years ago, I was sitting on a mountain range on the border of Utah/Idaho. I had successfully packed my mule deer buck the morning prior and had helped pack out a buddy's that same evening from our normal jaunts. The next day, I took it easy and enjoyed spending time behind my binocular/tripod/spotter and glassed the deep canyons from a totally different direction than normal. We still had a couple of buddies searching for their deer and I was acting as spotter.

After spending a few hours searching the hillside, I stood up and loaded up my tripod and spotter. In so doing, I picked up my pack and as I lifted it up, I realized I standing on the sternum strap of my Gen 1 EXO 3500 pack. I moved my foot and slung my pack over my back for the hike to another vantage point. As I started putting down the steps, I reached up to snap my sternum strap only to realize I was missing one half of the buckle. I guess as I was lifting the pack while standing on the strap, i must have pulled it off. Anyway, I walked back over to where I had been, but the sea of sage brush was thick and I just couldn't find the missing part of the buckle.

So...I hiked over to the new spot and while waiting for more deer to get out and moving around, I sent Steve an email from my phone. I explained the situation and asked what the process was to get a new piece. Within minutes he had responded to me and we even joked about dropping it from an airplane flying over the range. I left for home two days later and the very next day, the buckle was in a padded envelope ready for me at my house.

I now run a 2017 EXO 3500 in Ranger Green and also a 2016 EXO 5500 in Coyote. They are awesome packs and Steve is really good people, who has helped me in a pinch and even found older parts for my Gen 2 2016 pack when I needed it.

I hope your new pack treats you awesome. Three of my buddies are running them now and my son will be using one my two.

FH