Sitka Gear Mountain Hauler 6200 Review, by Josh Boyd

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
JordanGillPhotography_SG_ELk_2017-5678-small.jpg

Josh Boyd was busy last year getting all of us Roksliders a full test of the new Sitka Gear Mountain Hauler 6200. This pack was just released by Sitka but Josh already has a season of use on it and did an outstanding job with this full article and video.

Give it a read and don't forget to ask Josh any questions you may have. Sitka Gear Mountain Hauler 6200 Backpack Review

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, great review Josh.

I have to admit I was pretty sceptical about this being a decent option but after checking them out in person and even wearing one with about 50 lbs in it, I will say I'm impressed. I'm not stating it's on the same level as some of the top tier packs but I believe it is well built and will handle anything 95% of hunters would need. Time will tell.

TheTone

WKR
Yes, great review Josh.

I'm not stating it's on the same level as some of the top tier packs but I believe it is well built and will handle anything 95% of hunters would need. Time will tell.

After looking at one over the weekend I fully agree. It looks like a really good option that would perform very well for the vast majority of hunters. I wish I could justify getting one but already have more packs that a person needs.

PNWTO

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not stating it's on the same level as some of the top tier packs but I believe it is well built and will handle anything 95% of hunters would need. Time will tell.

My thoughts as well after getting hands on with it. This is a fine 95% option, especially if you have some discounts with Sitka. A Veteran could buy this from Sitka at a very good price point, for instance.