Kifaru Mountain Warrior

Stud Duck

Lil-Rokslider
There is a very real possibility that within the next 3-5 years, I will be able to travel to AK for a 7-11 day Dall Sheep hunt.

I'm just starting to research packs and based upon what I've read, the Kifaru Mountain Warrior caught my attention. I'm looking to purchase a "one and done" pack for the potential sheep hunt as well as any other mountain hunting I may do.

My pack and boots are two areas that I want to get right no matter what. What are your thoughts on the Mountain Warrior, anything else out there that is lighter for around the same money?

Thanks.

Dunndm

WKR
If you got 3-5 years, i would prob wait 2-3 years before you try and find a pack. By then a new/better one or a cheap one on here might come along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tttoadman

WKR
I love it. I have no reason to look elsewhere. People seem to give them away on this site cheap so they have the next best thing. I really like the big front pocket and the panel loader for loading a big meat bag.

Summit1

FNG
I bought a Mountain Warrior because it's simple, but also gives you some pockets that make it easier to organize. So many of the packs out there, IMO, are like duffle bags strapped to a frame, very few options to help with organizing internally. I love my Mountain Warrior. Brad

ljalberta

WKR
The SG 5900 is similar and probably a tad lighter for around the same money. I have a MW and love it. I think it's a tad small for me, but I can't bring myself to get rid of it quite yet!

Last edited:

str_8tup

Lil-Rokslider
I was in this situation a year and a half ago and talked to a lot of friends of mine including Kotaman. This pack does it all, awesome in daypack mode yet large enough to hall it all! You can’t go wrong with the MT. Warrior! Buy it and you’ll be loving it! I have mine ready to chase turkeys this weekend. Split the bag from the frame... blind will sit between the frame and bag, decoys, chair strapped and ready to rock!

Since someone mentioned it, the SG Sky 5900 is another great one and done pack. Any trip longer than a day it goes. A single over nighter scouting in July/August or a full week in September.

aron

WKR
I love the mountain warrior pack due to the panel loader. I do wish it had some sleeves on the side though for a spotter and tripod.

bmart2622

WKR
In my opinion its the only Kifaru bag I would own again, ultimately I run a SG Sky 5900 on my Duplex which is a very similar bag. I really like the accesible front pocket and the panel load design on the Mountain Warrior.

horiada

FNG
I was thinking of trying the duplex frame with the sky talus bag. Did you have to make many mods to do this? Also was interested in trying to do a meat shelf on a Kifarus suspension system. Have you ever played around with this?

tttoadman

WKR
I was thinking of trying the duplex frame with the sky talus bag. Did you have to make many mods to do this? Also was interested in trying to do a meat shelf on a Kifarus suspension system. Have you ever played around with this?
You could pull a grabit up in between the bag and the frame and use as a meat shelf.

bmart2622

WKR
Yes to both questions. I had a Hypalon sleeve sewn onto the SG and then I used K clips to make my own compression straps so now the bag works on my Duplex exactly like it did on the XCurve frame. As far as a a meat shelf, I use an Exo Crib between the bag and frame and it works great. It attaches to common loops on the top of the frame rather than the side like. Grab It would which leaves the side ones available for compression straps. If you would like some pics let me know. IMO this is the best pack set up possible, it has the comfort of the Duplex and the Sky 5900 is the best bag I have ever tried.