Mystery ranch sizing issues

K_pem

WKR
Anyone else have issues with MR sizing? I have a new Metcalf and it apparently it’s sized correctly, I talked to MR on phone about my size and what to buy, but it still doesn’t fit right. I wear a 32” waist pants and am 5’9” with a short torso, athletic build and my pack is a medium. But it seems that the yoke is too long and the waist is too big also. I can bottom out the belt and I have the torso adjusted all the way down but it still it’s an inch or two off my shoulders.

Just wondering if I seriously need to order an XS belt and yoke. At that rate I might just sell it and buy a new one.

bruno59

WKR
I have a MR pintler in medium and it fits great i am 5'9 165lbs with a 32 waist and 18 inch torso the belt should have a little tag on the inside that tells the range yours should be 29-34 maybe you have a larger belt because i can't bottom out my belt at all as far as the torso not sure what you can due just make sure you pushed the yoke all the way down

Last edited:

Idahomnts

Lil-Rokslider
I recently picked up xs belt and it’s a lot better fit from the med belt , I don’t have any torso problems , I m 5’8” 145 32 waist the med belt was bottomed out and I felt I could get another inch so I switched belts, super easy, affordable , and I have an extra belt for the day my metabolism slows down hehe, I’m sure you have watched the fitting guide from mystery ranch but if you haven’t check it out, from my understanding you don’t really want weight on your shoulders anyway but snug, check out the xs belt for an affordable fix. , be careful not to order just small as I think the belt size is the same as the med for some weird reason,

OP
K

K_pem

WKR
Bruno I’ll double check and make sure I didn’t mistakenly receive a large! Where is the belt tag located?

Thanks Idaho, I might just order the xs regardless. I have a small waist so I’m sure it’ll be more secure that way anyways , I’ll play with the torso.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Torso: How much weight do you have on the pack when its riding that high? I have mine tuned into myself for 75lb training hikes and if I have 20lb in it then it rides a little higher.

Belt: No surprise there, the belt sizes are too large when under load in my experience for their published size range. I am a 33-34" waist and the 29-34" belt works fine for me UNTIL 90+ a which point I even bottom it out but its holding okay thus I am not motivated to change it. No way my 31-32" waist partner could load it that heavy without it bottomed much sooner. Same issue with the NICE, ordered a set of the <29" pads for him and MR asked how small a waist they were for I said 31-32" waist and no I wasn't kidding the 29-34" belt was slipping a moderate load on him.

Maybe the belt sizes are fine for the 40lb backpacking crowd but when the load goes up not so much.

OP
K

K_pem

WKR
I’d say there was about 60lbs in it. When I noticed it riding too high though i took the sand out so probably 20lbs. Maybe that’s fine for lighter loads to ride high? I’m pretty sure they don’t require you to load it though to size on the video. Sounds like I’ll need an xs belt either way. Prob make due with the M torso though