Let’s see your Kifaru Nomad set ups!

Hi all!

Would love to see what you all are doing with you nomads!

How are you running it? Middle bag? Pockets? Lids? DIY mods?

Let’s see em! I would love some ideas to turn this day pack into a week long pack. And I’m curious as to what everyone does. I just got a OR dry sack for the middle of mine.

My add one currently are:

-grab it
-belt pocket
-bottle holder
-cargo net
-OR Dry Bag

Last edited:

Jpott3

Lil-Rokslider
Hi all!

Would love to see what you all are doing with you nomads!

How are you running it? Middle bag? Pockets? Lids? DIY mods?

Let’s see em! I would love some ideas to turn this day pack into a week long pack. And I’m curious as to what everyone does. I just got a OR dry sack for the middle of mine.

My add one currently are:

-grab it
-belt pocket
-bottle holder
-cargo net
-OR Dry Bag

I run mine exactly like you except with the addition of a guide lid with a large belt pouch attached to the lid as well! This system has worked for me on 5+ day hunts, and for day hunting I just ditch the OR dry bag and use the wings for tripod spotter and misc stuff and the guide lid for my puffy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatrascal

WKR
I use a camp bag in the middle instead of the dry bag but recently got the dry bag and will try it out this year. In addition, i strap an eberlestock rifle scabbard with the length cut in half underneath the camp bag sticking out of the top. this is where my tripod goes with the spotter attatched to the tripod. This leaves the long side pockets available for use for other items. Fatrascal.

mcseal2

WKR
I just got my Nomad 2 a month ago and am still experimenting. I have the same set-up as you do minus the belt pouch and cargo net and with a different dry bag. I got one with an Event bottom so air can escape as I compress it. I got extra compression straps and added a couple to mine that I run tight against the frame under the dry bag. I have an Eberlestock scabbard I want to experiment with adding for some hunts at some point, but I don't think I want it for the moose hunt this year. I will pretty much be day hunting and keeping rain gear and a puffy jacket in the dry bag, spotter and tripod in the pockets inside the wings, and food and gear in the zippered pockets. I have a Guide lid also but don't need it for this trip.

I have an Exo 3500 I like very much for a lot of my hunts. I bought a Kifaru tactical frame and Nomad II pretty much for the Alaskan hunts I have planned that I will likely be packing awkward loads with. I think the pair will complement each other well and handle anything I might need for a good long while. I have a lot invested so I definitely don't want to buy more!

c2dba4cd975faf11f6beb93903d36868.jpg
a3299a584436be905fc6b35ddd0c2b3d.jpg
21f42d4bafd711186a41bf9432c678d4.jpg
bbd3d7cfabc69904f96aebe0fb33bb3a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oldgoat

WKR
NN9r5yg.jpg
This was from 2015, Nomad with camp bag which is normal for me, but I also have my wife's dry bag sandwiches in-between my Longhunter Lid and the Camp Bag, we just couldn't get the dry bag to work with the meat shelf on the wife's Apollo. The black bag is my cylinder stove.