Mystery Ranch Guide Light Frame Question

thompsont

Lil-Rokslider
I recently purchased a MR Guide Light Frame with the Metcalf bag. I was wondering if anyone have found an aftermarket meat shelf that you can attach just to the frame without the bag? After my first load back to camp or my vehicle, I would like to remove the Metcalf bag, attach some sort of meat self and then go back and get the rest of the meat. Has anyone came up with a solution that would work? Thank You!

Trial153

WKR
I recently purchased a MR Guide Light Frame with the Metcalf bag. I was wondering if anyone have found an aftermarket meat shelf that you can attach just to the frame without the bag? After my first load back to camp or my vehicle, I would like to remove the Metcalf bag, attach some sort of meat self and then go back and get the rest of the meat. Has anyone came up with a solution that would work? Thank You!
I havent found an after market one no...Howver i had pods8 who is member on here make one for me. It came out excellent, very easy to depoy and holds a load with the guide lite frame well. I can see it staying on frame during day huntz while i run a pop up for the first load and as day pack.

bruno59

WKR
I have the guide light and i put a exo mountain crib panel on mine real easy switched out a few buckles with itw GT ruck ladder locks and done even took some weight off also put one on my kifaru frame works great see pictures

Attachments

• IMG_1034.jpg
    IMG_1034.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_1035.jpg
    IMG_1035.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_1036.jpg
    IMG_1036.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_1037.jpg
    IMG_1037.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 191

JD619er

WKR
A kifaru grab it and compression kit works great and all the buckles work together

Trial153

WKR
Hey one other thing..pods8 was super to work with, sent me a mock up and price and we where good to go. Great guy . if he still has the scetch for mine you can use that as it was made for the guide lite.

LaHunter

WKR
MR has one in their tactical line. It is shown on their website on the tactical frame, but I called MR and bought one separate. Think I paid about $65 for it. I’ve seen photos of the one Pods8 makes and it looks good too

michihunt

Lil-Rokslider
MR has one in their tactical line. It is shown on their website on the tactical frame, but I called MR and bought one separate. Think I paid about $65 for it. I’ve seen photos of the one Pods8 makes and it looks good too
Was this recently? Are you referring to their load sling like in this pic?
7533078ea8b79e7f23f41edda80bb7c0.jpg

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

boom

WKR
^^ that is nice!! we may need to talk.

i assume that would work with the pack remaining in place as well?

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It uses the same attachment points as the pack so no you can't have both cinced down tight, you could route the sling straps around the frame members and clip them together to keep it hanging from the frame behind a bag if you really wanted though. I did see someone with a non-meat shelf long bow pack that routed it around the bottom of the bag and buckled the sling straps around pack.

Keep in mind its all custom so if you have different design in mind for your uses don't feel compelled to stick with this type of idea. :)

Sniper1*

FNG
It uses the same attachment points as the pack so no you can't have both cinced down tight, you could route the sling straps around the frame members and clip them together to keep it hanging from the frame behind a bag if you really wanted though. I did see someone with a non-meat shelf long bow pack that routed it around the bottom of the bag and buckled the sling straps around pack.

Keep in mind its all custom so if you have different design in mind for your uses don't feel compelled to stick with this type of idea. :)

Not to hijack the thread but what’s cost on the above setup as is... I have an MR Marshall that I assume would have no issues working with?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LaHunter

WKR
Pods8 does great work.
If your MR pack already comes standard with a load/meat shelf, then you wouldn’t need the load sling while the pack was attached to the frame. I actually bought mine for sandbag heavy pack training and my Metcalf bag is detached from my frame

Sniper1*

FNG
Pods8 does great work.
If your MR pack already comes standard with a load/meat shelf, then you wouldn’t need the load sling while the pack was attached to the frame. I actually bought mine for sandbag heavy pack training and my Metcalf bag is detached from my frame

I honestly don’t know a ton about my Marshall at this point... I was thinking along the lines as someone posted earlier in this thread I think... In the field with pack and get an animal down, pack out with first load, back at camp remove bag and put load sling one and go back for the rest without all the bag weight. I was also thinking some pals webbing like the MR Tactical Load Sling for some Misc small pouches for field dressing equipment... but at that point maybe the MR Tac LS would be a simple fix...

blackovis

Lil-Rokslider
Thumbs up for pods8 Rugged Stitching! He made me a load shelf for my Guide Light and it is exceptionally well built and works perfect for carrying dang near whatever I want. Highly recommend!

bruno59

WKR

If you switch out the buckles on the frame with a spilt ladderlock buckle like i did on the second picture above on my previous post you can tighten both the load shelf and the bag tight then remove bag for second load works great the buckles i used are ITW GT ruck and i just cut a slit in them to make them spilt buckles

Last edited:

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Not to hijack the thread but what’s cost on the above setup as is... I have an MR Marshall that I assume would have no issues working with?!

That style/color was $50 shipped.

If you switch out the buckles on the frame with a spilt ladderlock buckle like i did on the second picture above on my previous post you can tighten both the load shelf and the bag tight then remove bag for second load works great the buckles i used are ITW GT ruck and i just cut a slit in them to make them spilt buckles

I'm not sure how the buckle change factors in unless I'm misunderstanding since the sling has 8 anchor points on the frame and the bags use 6-8 of those when mounted. Are you running 2 straps through one buckle/ladderloc?

bruno59

WKR
That style/color was $50 shipped.

I'm not sure how the buckle change factors in unless I'm misunderstanding since the sling has 8 anchor points on the frame and the bags use 6-8 of those when mounted. Are you running 2 straps through one buckle/ladderloc?
Yes just run both of the straps thru the ladderlocs on the bottom of the bag and bottom of load panel than just run the top straps thru the top ladderlocs the four on the side will not be hooked up until you pack something out without the bag if you leave the bag on then you can just use the bag to compress the load on the sides i run a mule and pintler and it works fine with either nice looking load panel by the way if i did not have the exo one i would be buying one from you

Sniper1*

FNG
How about with some pals webbing to add some misc. pouches? If you wanna PM that’s cool...