Talk me out of an Apollo

snowplow

WKR
I want one. Seens killer but cant find any vids or much info at all.

Please talk me out of it or send me some cool vids :)

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

colersu22

WKR
I was looking for one but a woodsman popped up in the classifieds so I snagged that. It looks like a sweet day hunt pack that has the meat shelf to pack out game.

ncstewart

WKR
I want one. Seens killer but cant find any vids or much info at all.

Please talk me out of it or send me some cool vids :)

What are you wanting to do with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKironhead

Lil-Rokslider
It's a great day pack. I love the the quiver slot for shooting 3D courses. The bag itself is definitely on the small side especially at the bottom as it tappers down, it is quite versatile however with a grab it attached. I also use it for toting around my long range gear and rifle as seen below

apollo.jpg

oldgoat

WKR
Great day pack especially when paired with Guide Lid!

NN9r5yg.jpg

OP
S

snowplow

WKR
Well, l have an extra frame so wife could use it. And l have an amr which has a killer day mode. So if lm going to get another bag l am thinking it should be rather small. For instance if l get a woodsman, l dont see the weight/bulk savings being worth it because the amr is amazing in day mode.

The door gunner quandry and other lid one that l cant think of the name of right now are ok but maybe a bit on the small side and have the pack straps adding weight. Woodsman seems too big. The only other thing l really like the idea of is a Tahr with a full center zip.

Can you really use the quiver function like a real back quiver? (can you reach) lm a trad guy and stump shoot.
What are you wanting to do with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldgoat

WKR
I'm pretty sure you can, but I don't know how easy it would be to stick the arrow back into the slot, Aron used his stump shooting, I remember seeing the pictures. My wife carried spare arrows in hers but just used her bow quiver for her ready arrows.

OP
S

snowplow

WKR
Elk hunting l pack in. But for deer I mostly hunt a 100,000 acre private timber co. I have access to drive the logging roads . l need a pack but the pack out is prob less than a mile.

OP
S

snowplow

WKR
It's a great day pack. I love the the quiver slot for shooting 3D courses. The bag itself is definitely on the small side especially at the bottom as it tappers down, it is quite versatile however with a grab it attached. I also use it for toting around my long range gear and rifle as seen below

View attachment 71038
How did you support the rifle butt in that pic? Grab it?

Am l correct that there is a few inches of open frame space below the apollo on the 24" frame? Ive never used a grab it. But that dead space seems like it would make a nice pocket of space for the grab it to hold stuff.

AKironhead

Lil-Rokslider
In that pic I am just using two compression straps across the back one below the bolt knob, the other is around the forend.

ncstewart

WKR
I'm a southern guy and the pack didn't work for me. I don't shoot 3D or anything either tho.
For an extra pack for your wife and for just stump shooting I feel it would work really well.

I used one last year. It is fine for day hunting. Meat shelf works great. It is big enough for anybody to day hunt if you use the roll top expanded. Good pack but, I did not like the lack of organization. So, I sold mine and had pods8 build me a better one.

OP
S

snowplow

WKR
You def need to share some pics...
I used one last year. It is fine for day hunting. Meat shelf works great. It is big enough for anybody to day hunt if you use the roll top expanded. Good pack but, I did not like the lack of organization. So, I sold mine and had pods8 build me a better one.