Has anyone tested out the SG Hydro Lid?

Augustus46

Lil-Rokslider
Wondering if anyone has gone on a test hike with this lid? I'm considering it as I love using a bladder, but hate digging it out to refill it.

bmart2622

WKR
If you have a Katadyn filter you can get fittings to fill the bladder from the drink tube. I personally dont use them even though I have the fittings, it doesnt take that long to pull my bladder from between the bag and frame.

Hunter Sargent

Lil-Rokslider
I use a Sawyer Squeeze, and it came with a quick disconnect to fill the bladder from the drinking tube without having to remove the whole thing from the bag. It is pretty handy.

OP
A

Augustus46

Lil-Rokslider
So no one on the site has tried this out? I'm sorely tempted to pick it up either way, just wonder if the bladder would be sloshing around behind my head and drive me nuts.

rm06

WKR
I'm on the fence... when they first came out with it, I was dead set on getting one. The more I thought about it, the less I feel I can gain with one. I currently run a 3L between the frame and pack.

CTobias

Lil-Rokslider
I have the lid on my SG pack. It's great. Easy access to my bladder and it's not inside the pack if it does decide to blow up.

CTobias

Lil-Rokslider
So no one on the site has tried this out? I'm sorely tempted to pick it up either way, just wonder if the bladder would be sloshing around behind my head and drive me nuts.

Bladder stays put. It really depends on how full your pack is. I've never had an issue of my bladder sloshing around.

Freestone

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had it out 4 times now and so far it’s good. I think this fall will be the true test. May seem weird to some but I think the biggest thing I’m looking forward to is packing meat out and my water not turning the same temp as the meat from being up against the back of my pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk