Attaching Tripod to Stone Glacier Solo 3300

skunk

FNG
Hey folks,

I have a Stone Glacier 3300 solo and I'm wondering what methods folks use to strap down their tripod.

For my spotter, I have the SG spotter pocket that attaches to the side. That is on the left side of my pack and on the right I have the rifle sling.

Should I just strap the tripod down to the outside of the pack in the center? The SG folks said to attach it to the front of the bag and I can utilize one of the two ice axe loops at the bottom of the bag but I was curious how others have done it and if you have photos to share.

Thanks!

Pods8 made me a water bottle holder that i use to hold my tripod instead. I strap it on the opposite side of my spotter pocket. I stuff my tripod legs in it and use the compression straps to hold it on the side of the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pods8 made me a water bottle holder that i use to hold my tripod instead. I strap it on the opposite side of my spotter pocket. I stuff my tripod legs in it and use the compression straps to hold it on the side of the bag.

fb79361ea6beb86919c7962495b3202b.jpg

OP
S

skunk

FNG
I would do the same as you but I have my rifle sling on that side.

Taylor from Stone Glacier sent me some photos of how he recommends hooking it on. Basically just looping it through the straps on the front of the bag so it's right in the middle on your back, out of the way.

Hey folks,

I have a Stone Glacier 3300 solo and I'm wondering what methods folks use to strap down their tripod.

For my spotter, I have the SG spotter pocket that attaches to the side. That is on the left side of my pack and on the right I have the rifle sling.

Should I just strap the tripod down to the outside of the pack in the center? The SG folks said to attach it to the front of the bag and I can utilize one of the two ice axe loops at the bottom of the bag but I was curious how others have done it and if you have photos to share.

Thanks!

Why not just leave your tripod attached to your spotting scope? Just one less step you have to take when you pull your spotter out to look at something.
84ac8b7fde546f744bd8f13ffa91a161.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tttoadman

WKR
I have the old style bags with the webbing loops down the back. I put the panhead handle through the loop and strap it to the back.
Option 2 is run a kifaru grabit on the back and stuff it in there.

A buddy of mine uses a Solo, also with a lid, and he just keeps the tripod attached to his spotter and sandwiches the spotter between the lid and the main bag. I've been contemplating doing this with my spotter as well, as it keeps the spotter centered and up high on the pack where you want the heavier things to be packed anyway, allows for easy access (just unclip the two buckles on the lid), provides protection for your spotter if you have some softer stuff packed in the lid and in the top of the main bag, and you can either use the spotting scope pocket for other things or get rid of it all together and shave another 4 oz. from your pack wt.

LOL I just asked SG where to put the tripod on my 3300 a couple days ago. They said you can use the nylon loop on the bottom of the rear of the bag to rest the legs in and then put it under the compression straps on the side. I haven't tried it yet

USMC307

Lil-Rokslider
How much “flop” does the SG spotting scope have when you put a small spotter in it? 65mm razor.

OP
S

skunk

FNG
LOL I just asked SG where to put the tripod on my 3300 a couple days ago. They said you can use the nylon loop on the bottom of the rear of the bag to rest the legs in and then put it under the compression straps on the side. I haven't tried it yet
Yeah I just used the two compression straps that cross the front of the bag. On the lower one I wrapped the strap around one leg to keep it more secure. Seemed to hold fine. My tripod wasn't long enough to really utilize the ice axe loop.

How much “flop” does the SG spotting scope have when you put a small spotter in it? 65mm razor.

I stuff my kill kit in the bottom and my 65 is very snug and sturdy no flop