How do you attach your Apollo?

snowplow

WKR
Ive had a cargo panel, reckoning and an AMR and my new Apollo bag has a different bottom attachment. The others have the sewn on thin metal thingy that slips through the plastic rectangle at the bottom of the pack. But the apollo doesnt have that, just another plastic rectangle. It does have the metal thingy like the others on the load shelf but not sure how that helps.

Heres how its setup currently. Is there a better way?

d69e14b35889c3d8356c6e99a745ebf7.jpg
5961eb1f9f40bc51430c36c5869a31c7.jpg

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

OP
S

snowplow

WKR
So the bottom horiz strap holds it to the frame? Seems like it would be a little floppy.

530Chukar

WKR
I attach the metal price to the higher points on the frame. If I wanna vet needed the load shelf I assume I’d connect those same metal clips to the lowest plastic buckles on the frame. I’m not sure what you’ve got going on with the vertical straps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always attached mine by leaving the bottom unattached. With the parallel straps and delta strap, the pack doesn’t flop.

I never had this problem as the deer I e carried out in mi e didn’t have big horns. But, I’d leave the horizontal straps to cross cross a rack and attach at the top of the frame. Like I said I never had the opportunity to see if that worked well. But, I did carry out a few deboned deer in mine and the packs meat shelf works great.

Not being a weight but, the pack works great for what it intended for. It needs no special rigging. God Bless

OP
S

snowplow

WKR
I always attached mine by leaving the bottom unattached. With the parallel straps and delta strap, the pack doesn’t flop.

I never had this problem as the deer I e carried out in mi e didn’t have big horns. But, I’d leave the horizontal straps to cross cross a rack and attach at the top of the frame. Like I said I never had the opportunity to see if that worked well. But, I did carry out a few deboned deer in mine and the packs meat shelf works great.

Not being a weight but, the pack works great for what it intended for. It needs no special rigging. God Bless
Bingo! Thanks. It just dawned on me the delta straps will take care of it. They are floppy.and loose when the packs on the bench but not when its on. Thanks!

Im loving this little pack

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Snowplow,
The lid compression straps were originally meant to run on the vertical daisy chains. The 3/4" webbing on the bottom was for trecking pole tips and as a handle. The way you have it set up does offer more compression options but i think it will pull the top away from the frame if you have weight up there. The two common loop connections on bottom are for the Grabit system to connect to. If you have any questions I can answer I'm at [email protected]