Strapping rifle to a Stone Glacier sky 5900

lif

WKR
Does anyone just use the compression straps on the sky 5900 bag to cinch their rifle to the pack while on a straight pack in? Not for immediate hunting accessibility but just for packing in. Just curious if it is really necessary to get a pack sling Also bow packing as well. I just got this pack and trying to iron out problems before they bite me on the ass later. Thanks.

Yeah, that's how I carry it a large percentage of the time. I've messed with the SG sling, but rarely use it anymore.

DFP09A8.jpg

4ester

WKR
I use the SG weapon sling, and on a dedicated pack in/out I will take one of the side straps around the rifle.

I would think using the pack straps would work, but I’d definitely would put the butt in one of the side pockets. With a long rifle it would start getting too tall for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've put the barrel through the "drain" hole in the side pocket and strapped stock in. Helps reduce height.

I would think using the pack straps would work, but I’d definitely would put the butt in one of the side pockets. With a long rifle it would start getting too tall for me.

Putting it in a side pocket does get pretty tall. Best way I’ve found is to just slide the barrel under the top compression strap and then wrap the pistol grip with the lowest buckle strap.

It sits a little lower and you just pop one buckle and it slides right out.

OP
L

lif

WKR
I’ll try different options you guys have given. Sounds like it is doable. Thanks