Icon pro 5200 on new Kifaru frame.

Gd33333

FNG
Was wondering if anyone has experience attaching any Kuiu Icon Pro's to one of Kifaru's new hunting frames? I had seen one for sale once which gave me the idea. He had made his own pouch on top of the Icon bag to slide over the top of the Kifaru frame. If anyone out there has done this, I would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

cullenz

Lil-Rokslider
That makes a great combo, I ran that setup last year and really liked it. I didn't add a pouch to the Kuiu bag for it to go over the Kifaru frame. I just used open ended 3 bar sliders to connect the top of the bag to the top of the frame, and used them at the bottom of the bag as well. I then used some of the Kuiu quick release straps to use as the compression straps that attach to the frame. You could also cut off the Kuiu buckles that are attached to the bag and use the Kifaru open ended buckles with Kifaru compression straps if you wanted tougher compression straps. I do this sometimes with the Kuiu 1800 bag too for day hunting.

OP
G

Gd33333

FNG
That makes a great combo, I ran that setup last year and really liked it. I didn't add a pouch to the Kuiu bag for it to go over the Kifaru frame. I just used open ended 3 bar sliders to connect the top of the bag to the top of the frame, and used them at the bottom of the bag as well. I then used some of the Kuiu quick release straps to use as the compression straps that attach to the frame. You could also cut off the Kuiu buckles that are attached to the bag and use the Kifaru open ended buckles with Kifaru compression straps if you wanted tougher compression straps. I do this sometimes with the Kuiu 1800 bag too for day hunting.

I’m glad to hear someone else with a positive experience. I haven’t tried putting the bag on yet so just trying to get some others ideas. Appreciate the input!

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is a pretty easy attachment. Kuiu' bags are all buckled to their frames, so it will easily buckle into a Kifaru frame. Kifaru has several common loops to accept the buckles.

Skull10

WKR
I am currently looking into this option, I have all the Icon Pro bags except for the 7200. I like the robust look of the Kifaru 24" Tactical frame, but don't see a Kifaru bag that peeks my interest yet. Anyone have photos they could share of a Kuiu bag on a Kifaru frame?

Do kuiu bags work on stone glacier frames
It is a pretty easy attachment. Kuiu' bags are all buckled to their frames, so it will easily buckle into a Kifaru frame. Kifaru has several common loops to accept the buckles.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Maybe it’s because I’m a Kifaru junky and hate everything kuiu but why wouldn’t you get a Kifaru bag for a Kifaru frame like it was meant to be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe it’s because I’m a Kifaru junky and hate everything kuiu but why wouldn’t you get a Kifaru bag for a Kifaru frame like it was meant to be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because the Kifaru bags are laid out differently, and some prefer the Kuiu bag lay out.

They are also lighter and generally have more built in organization without having to add a bunch of extra pockets to them.

Skull10

WKR
Because the Kifaru bags are laid out differently, and some prefer the Kuiu bag lay out.

They are also lighter and generally have more built in organization without having to add a bunch of extra pockets to them.

That is exactly why. I really like the Kuiu bag layout and all the compartments. It just looks like the Kifaru frames are built for carrying heavy loads more secure and comfortable. I just want to see if the Kuiu bags would be an easy conversion on the Kifaru 24" Hunter frame.

rlmmarine

WKR
It's what I'm running now. I bought a kuiu 1850 and 5200 with the harness. I loved the bag setup and weight but the harness never would fit just right. I called aaron at kifaru and he sold me a new harness and recommend the timberline (I think) bag. When the harness came in I mounted the 5200 to it and loved it so much I sent the kifaru bag back. I used it in nunavut on a caribou hunt and loved it. Attaching the bag was very easy and there are a few go threads on that here. I no its blasphemous but I like it.View attachment 72242View attachment 72243