Question about kifaru pack

oldgoat

WKR
Yeah, if you want to use it, the shoulder straps, hip belt etc are all on the frame, the bag attaches to it, totally modular setup, allows you to run different bags for different tasks

Fatcamp

WKR
Since it's being discussed, do all Kifaru packs fit all Kifaru frames?

As in if I buy an older frame or bag it will work with newer stuff?

My understanding is all bags meant for a frame, are compatible with all generations of frames. I have zero idea what you mean with your last question.

Fatcamp

WKR
As in a frame that is generally recognized as preferred. Generation, size, etc.?

Huntnfmly

Lil-Rokslider
All the kifaru frames are great
But many people myself included always like buying the newest even though the old works great already

Fatcamp

WKR
Interesting. The older ones sure go fast in the classifieds.

Using a Cabela's external frame that comes in at 5.5# with bag, lid, and rain fly, but have my doubts about it.

Anschutz

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, you have to buy the frame and bag separately. However, with just one frame you can have a daypack bag, an overnight bag, and a bag that fits your sofa, TV Satellite, and everything else for when you just have to get away.

Fat, I don’t own an older gen frame. But, it is my understanding that they are very ridged and will carry everything including the kitchen sink. I think that goes with being a Kifaru. The latest and greatest is just something he. Not sure they can get any better.