Eberlestock RMEF pack

Trott2478

FNG
Just bought this pack after reading good reviews, then I come on here and see mostly bad reviews. I really can’t see spending the 400+$ for a pack for my first elk hunt. Will this pack serve me well or am I going to regret it if I do pack an elk? Also are there any affordable frames out there that I can use for second/third loads or for my hunting partner to use?

Pro953

WKR
My 2 cents...

If you only get what everyone thinks is the best, you will be so broke you will need a 2nd job and never get to hunt.

Enjoy your pack, learn what you like and don’t like them come back and look for a nice used pack down the road when you know what you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NDGuy

WKR
Most people agree 3 things to not skimp on for western hunting:

Boots
Glass
Pack

KurtR

WKR
I had the just one and the 400 bucks is definitely worth it. The Kifaru, stone glacier, exo, Mr and seek outside packs will make a trip way more enjoyable. I thought the same as you and after my first trip I came home sold the eberlestock and called Aron.

Anschutz

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a Kifaru DT2 bag on here for around $200-$225 and got the frame new at Kifaru as I live an hour away from them. My pack experience prior to this was only what the government gave me. I started asking around the battalion and the chaplain (hardcore hunter from AK with a Griz fur and sheep skull in his office) recommended Mystery Ranch. A 1SG in another company has the Kifaru AMR. I probably would have gone with the MR Metcalf if they weren't sold out everywhere at the time. I have summited Pike's Peak twice, backpacked in the Front Range and Sangre de Cristo Range, hunted on the Continental Divide, and gone through a JRTC rotation with this pack. It has never failed me and I don't suspect it ever will. I'm not saying you have an inferior pack as I have no experience but if you determine through testing that your pack needs upgrading, I would highly suggest MR or Kifaru.