Kifaru frames.... which one???

Tactical, hunter, or lite??

Looking for insight on which frame to get. I’m looking for one that can handle heavy loads (80+ lbs), be comfy in day mode, had some forgiveness and flex when hiking, and can handle the occasional lock on stand or weights during training.

I know the lite frame is new so I’m hoping someone has gotten theirs and has put it through the ringer and tested it out.

Thanks for any and all input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sdfuller

Lil-Rokslider
Hunting frame is what you want. I have one with a woodsman bag and I carry 65ish pounds of sandbags around in it for training and it works great. The tactical is less flex (thicker frame sheet). The ultralight is the same as the hunter but uses arrows as stays. You won't notice a weight difference between any of them once you put some gear in the pack.

Call kifaru and they'll go into more detail

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
All of them are awesome but I went with the tactical frame for the extra stiffness. I’m glad I did, I do a lot of sandbag training with it and haul moose. No barreling at all with it.

I havnt tried the lightweight one yet because I got a stone glacier x curve shortly before it came out.

Aaron told me if you want a one pack only system to get the tactical, also if you carry awkward loads like tree stands and climbing sticks, and hauling anything heavy the tactical will perform better

ljalberta

WKR
I would call up Kifaru as well. They are great at walking you through some different options.

303TrophyHusband

Lil-Rokslider
Always a good idea to give them a call, or better yet stop in if you're in the area, but I have been running the new Lite frame for a couple weeks now and it's great. I haven't had 85+ in it yet, only up to 65 so far, but I have every confidence it'll take it and then some. I know Brian Call and I think Aron as well, ran the Lite frame prototype all last fall and they hauled out elk, moose, goat, and mule deer in them without a problem. Brian thinks it's amazing. I think Ryan Avery was running it while hauling in bait barrels this spring too so he's a good one to question on it. I ran the hunting frame all last fall and it is a great frame but I'll tell you the comfort, fit, and weight of the new one is pretty awesome. Load it up, put it on, adjust it correctly, and start climbing, it carries the load perfect and I hardly notice a difference between 35lbs and 65lbs. I chose the Lite over the UL just because the Lite frame has 5 tabs to attach to over the 3 tabs on the UL.

The ultralite and lite frames are different in a couple of ways but mainly the frame sheet on the lite and ultralight does not cover the center of the back. Making it lighter and giving it much better ventilation. They only come with composite stays but you can add arrows for some weight reduction. Hope that helps.

OP
ddavis_1313
Always a good idea to give them a call, or better yet stop in if you're in the area, but I have been running the new Lite frame for a couple weeks now and it's great. I haven't had 85+ in it yet, only up to 65 so far, but I have every confidence it'll take it and then some. I know Brian Call and I think Aron as well, ran the Lite frame prototype all last fall and they hauled out elk, moose, goat, and mule deer in them without a problem. Brian thinks it's amazing. I think Ryan Avery was running it while hauling in bait barrels this spring too so he's a good one to question on it. I ran the hunting frame all last fall and it is a great frame but I'll tell you the comfort, fit, and weight of the new one is pretty awesome. Load it up, put it on, adjust it correctly, and start climbing, it carries the load perfect and I hardly notice a difference between 35lbs and 65lbs. I chose the Lite over the UL just because the Lite frame has 5 tabs to attach to over the 3 tabs on the UL.

So I called today and spoke with someone, didn’t catch the name, and was recommended the tactical frame only bc I will be putting tree stands on it 2 or three times a year. Other than that, maybe a 45 pound plate for training. I’d like to run the lite but at this point I’m not sure. I need to order one ASAP bc I need to start training. They said the 24” and small belt based off my size. Going to run the fulcrum bag. It seems to me that it will compress nicely for a day pack with the wings folding over and will will be plenty of room for anything I will ever need.

Per talking to two people at kifaru, all bags produced now will have meat shelves. Even the fulcrum now comes with a meat shelf. Apparently it’s a feature that is asked for and requested frequently.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Damn, I wish my fulcrum had a meat shelf, I got it when they first came out, I wonder if that’s something that can be retro fitted.

OP
ddavis_1313
Damn, I wish my fulcrum had a meat shelf, I got it when they first came out, I wonder if that’s something that can be retro fitted.

Not sure. Worth a call. I talked to Snyder on the phone this morning and ended up going with the lite frame per our conversation and the fulcrum. Got some ultra lite pullouts and going to give their slick bag a try this year. Gotta be better than my Coleman from academy. Coleman is warm but man it’s bulky!

JP100

WKR
get the tacticool, you will want the extra stiffness and thicker frame sheet for awkward loads, have just upgraded from a hunter frame so will see how she goes!