Carry on Stone Glacier packs

Ozarkian

FNG
I’ve been looking at Stone Glacier packs for awhile now. I don’t have to have a Stone Glacier but I figure it’s a good option. I’m wanting one I can take on back country hunts as well as possible trekking trips in Nepal. What do you all think would be the ideal pack? Also would like to know which packs you think a person can get away with as carry on?

bates

WKR
ive carried on my sg 3 or 4 times now, hasnt been an issue. ive used the 6900 and the approach

with the 6900 i take the lid off and dont overfill the pack

TXCO

WKR
I have used my sky 7400 as a carry on just compressed down and without the lid on top. Obviously the avail should work no problem. My experience with a normal looking backpack (non camo) is that as long as its close to the standard carry on size and not a big external frame, airlines will allow it no problem.

dukhunt

FNG
I’ve carried my 6900 on twice now with no problems. Like the previous poster said compress it down and I use the removable lid for snacks and flight entertainment items.

OP
O

Ozarkian

FNG
Thanks for the info guys. That really puts my mind at ease about being worried about carrying any of them on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kotaman

WKR
I've carried them all on at one time or another, no problems with any of them. Hard to beat the Talus 6900 for an all around multi-use pack. I'm currently using the Sky 5900 and it is a nice versatile pack as well. Take the lid off and put them in daypack mode and they all pass the carry on sniff test.

Hunter Sargent

Lil-Rokslider
Pro tip: Toss a large contractor bag in the pack just in case they make you check it. You can put it in the contractor bag to protect it so none of the straps get caught in the conveyors and such.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’ve been looking at Stone Glacier packs for awhile now. I don’t have to have a Stone Glacier but I figure it’s a good option. I’m wanting one I can take on back country hunts as well as possible trekking trips in Nepal. What do you all think would be the ideal pack? Also would like to know which packs you think a person can get away with as carry on?

I can get my 6200 on a plane without any problem. They haven't said anything to me about it being to big or cant fit anywhere. I can see if its like the 6900 or 7900 sure but everything else should be fine, and I haven't heard of anyone not being able to either.