Fix for a Broken Sternum Strap

I bought a Kifaru duplex frame from the classifieds. The sternum strap slider on the strap side is cracked (see image below). The sternum strap still works but doesn't sit quite right and I'd like to replace it. I don't have access to sewing equipment and don't want to spend $60 to replace the whole shoulder harness, so I'm thinking of cutting off what's on there now and replacing with something like this: PIG Sternum Strap. An alternative would be if there was some version of the cracked buckle that has a way to attach to both the webbing on the shoulder strap and the webbing on the sternum strap without doing any stitching. Anyone have advice or source for something better than the strap I linked? I've poked around on a lot of sites selling mil spec hardware and haven't found a better strap or the right hardware.

brokensternumstrap.jpg

onderz

FNG
Its hard to tell from the photo but if you wanna give me a call 303-278-9155 here at Kifaru we cant get you a replacement one.

OP
Boxerboxer
Welp, Kifaru swoops in and saves the day, taking care of a lowly classifieds-shopping freeloader. I'm going to have to become a real customer once I'm not pinching pennies to make sure CO trip next year happens. Thanks!