Calling all AMR users

snowplow

WKR
Do any of you use all that molle on the sides? Im trying to put mine on a diet and cant see that l would use it. Theres a ton. I could even just cut out 75%.

Do you guys actually use it on this big ol thing?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

On mine with the spotting scope pocket attached to the very top row you could cut off the 2nd and 3rd row from top. I also have the bottom 2 rows unused, but those are for belt pouches if ever needed.

On a 7 dayer, I will use those bottom rows. The only rows I would think of cutting off were the 2nd and 3rd from top, but some might want to drop the spotting scope pocket down or even use those for belt pouches instead.
98ba24d75577cf5dec400d19fc432030.jpg

Gumbo

WKR
I have a plan that I hasn't been tested yet for mine. I have two large spotting scope pockets that I use for my tent and clothes. I keep these in the main bag with the plan to attach them to the sides to make room for meat when the need arises. So far I've yet to kill an animal while using my AMR so I haven't tried it yet.

OP
S

snowplow

WKR
I'm kind of similar in mind. I would at least like to leave enough there to be able to put a spotting scope pocket on if I need to even though I don't normally use one. The first post really helped out because I don't have a spotting scope pocket, I don't even have a spotting scope LOL so I wasn't sure how they attached.

I'm really kind of trying to go for an AMR argali hybrid. I want it as simple as humanly possible like an argali and totally stripped down but I love this sewn in large pockets of the AMR and I think I'm in the minority here, but I really like the Bottom Zip much better then the center zip like the Reckoning I've had.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

slim9300

WKR
If my two AMRs has no lower ‘sleeping bag’ zipper and no Molle webbing on the sides, it would be the perfect bag when I want to run a lid.

For trips without a lid, I’m loving this Muskeg bag design so far. We will see how it does this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve had similar thoughts but just never pulled the trigger. Never use my side pals but would like to keep the option for a spotting scope pocket if needed. Not sure what it would take or look like afterwords and thus haven’t pursued it.

Hate to “ruin” the bag for a few ounces but would love to reduce it below the current 2#11oz weight I’m currently running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk