Attaching a bow to a Reckoning?

Eye

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody running a reckoning with a bow? Just hoping to see how you guys are attaching your bow to the pack. Or any pack really. Looking for ideas. Thanks!

FlyGuy

WKR
Yep. I really try to keep my bow in my hands as much as possible, but if I do put it on my pack I use the grab-it + 1 extra compression strap up top (after I fold down the roll top, it goes over that).

Without taking my pack off I can reach back over my head with both hands, hold the bow with one hand and release the compression strap with the other; and pull the bow forward. Just takes a second or two.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Tag_Soup

WKR
Mine seems to work fine sticking the bottom cam through the bottom handle, then either clipping the center compression straps over or the lid over. Just put one over the shelf or limb pocket and apply a little downward pressure to keep the cam from popping out of the handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude that's pretty Ninja. I always take the dam pack off first! lol. I'm gonna have to try that.
Yep. I really try to keep my bow in my hands as much as possible, but if I do put it on my pack I use the grab-it + 1 extra compression strap up top (after I fold down the roll top, it goes over that).

Without taking my pack off I can reach back over my head with both hands, hold the bow with one hand and release the compression strap with the other; and pull the bow forward. Just takes a second or two.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
A grab it or gun bearer always work but with the three rows of compression straps, you can get away without them.

The only time I ever strap my bow on is if I’m hiking in before the season starts or after I fill my tag. Had to many opportunities pop up while hiking to not always have it ready.
11fbb20290d4d0552ac881caecc334db.jpg

A grab it or gun bearer always work but with the three rows of compression straps, you can get away without them.

The only time I ever strap my bow on is if I’m hiking in before the season starts or after I fill my tag. Had to many opportunities pop up while hiking to not always have it ready.
11fbb20290d4d0552ac881caecc334db.jpg

Tony.... where is arrow #5 ?

colersu22

WKR
Another option is if you have an extra belt Pouch put it center on the bottom of the bag and drop the cam into the pocket, I use to carry my bow and rifle like that on my DT2. I have a woodsman now and just put the cam into the bottom handle and use the compression straps to hold it on.

It blew up on rocks opening day when I shot over my day one target buck.

Oh gottcha, I thought it was a pass thru , never found, and then the broke off one in quiver was the follow up as he lay on ground.

jm1607

WKR
Mine seems to work fine sticking the bottom cam through the bottom handle, then either clipping the center compression straps over or the lid over. Just put one over the shelf or limb pocket and apply a little downward pressure to keep the cam from popping out of the handle.

X2, just slide the bottom cam through the bottom handle.. Works perfectly