Mystery Ranch hooded pack fly for Pintler?

Hello, hoping someone has tried this combo. Dimensions list the pintler as too small by a little but i really like the hooded design. Hoping to buy this weekend on sale, thats why im asking here instead of directly to MR.
Thanks in advance.

muddydogs

WKR
Not sure why you would want a hood in your pack cover, if its raining hard enough to need to cover your pack or wear a hood I would think you would have your rain gear on and not need a hood in the pack cover. I just don't see the functionality of it.

OP
D
Have you had rain run down your back between your rain gear and the rain cover on your pack? If so, a wet pack that takes considerable time to dry would be explanation enough. If you dont see the functionality, its not my place to convince you.

muddydogs

WKR
Have you had rain run down your back between your rain gear and the rain cover on your pack? If so, a wet pack that takes considerable time to dry would be explanation enough. If you dont see the functionality, its not my place to convince you.

There's no functionality as your pack is still going to get wet. Most back frame systems dry fairly fast except for the waist belt and shoulder straps and that hood deal sure isn't going to keep them dry.

OP
D
My mistake i must have actually been wet when my pack felt dry when i draped my rain jacket over my pack and over my head. Again, my mistake.

Idahomnts

Lil-Rokslider
Also interested in this, would you mind posting your conclusion , thanks

OP
D
Absolutely. Just gotta wait for some rain. As much as id like to say ill try a test with a garden hose, i probably wont. I will let you know about the fit on the pintler and a few other packs though

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
Downeaster any word on functionality. Deciding between the regular MR pack fly and the hooded tia

Ledanek

Lil-Rokslider
Only experience is in the military with GI Poncho over old school ALICE Pack (minus frame)...North Carolina...because of the poncho material, there was no breathe-ability, I sweated more, so my back is all more wet...but, pack and contents were dry.

Anxious also on the review

OP
D
Sorry man, totally blew it on the getting back to you. I think its pretty badass. Has little wings that come down and attach to your pack straps to keep that whole neck and pack juncture dry. Seems like a good design to me. Prob a little pricey for what it is, but im glad i picked one up. We havent had rain in months i think, but i missed my chance to torture test it a few days ago either way.
Id say its solid and packs up decently small. Out the door for antelope in a sec, best of luck.

I had a large non version made by MR that I used in Alaska earlier this month. It rained every night. I thought about getting the hooded version but realized that I would be using a rain jacket so the Hood was unnecessary.

The pack fly was used for more than just covering my pack. I would by sleeping bag and clothes in it when I was out scouting or stalking during the day.

It was a good investment for me, I try to make everything i carry have multiple uses, like many of you folks do, so it was worth the price.