How many use a nomad or nomad2 for 5-7 day hunts?

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
Curious how many use a nomad for 5-7 day hunts. I bought one last year with a camp bag and grab it and our hunt fell through. I'm going next year for sure even if I'm solo so I'm curious how many use a set up like this for this many days? Wanting to make sure I dont need to go to something else before next year.

Historybuff

Lil-Rokslider
I used my kifaru nomad on a 6 day backcountry Idaho bear hunt. It worked great for me.

Rican0624

Lil-Rokslider
I used that exact setup for 7 days last year and it was almost too much room. You will be good on space and it’s really nice to drop the camp bag off.

Shraggs

WKR
Same for me; couple of 5 day hunts with camp bag, and a bunch of one or two nighter with nomad and medium pod. Great versatile bag!

OP
Whitetaildown215

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
Thats good to hear that I was thinking on the right track. I was thinking about adding a native and maybe a couple belt pouches for day hunts from camp.

oldgoat

WKR
I don't think they make a more versatile pack, day hunt to as much or more than you can carry.

Johnc427

Lil-Rokslider
I'm interested in this as well. Does anyone have any pictures of this setup?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Seems like it would make an awesome pack, I never really gave it much attention but it seems like it would do everything the reckoning would do but be even better in day hunt mode.

fatrascal

WKR
I have pictures of the Nomad 1 packed up for several days. The only difference would be more food for a 5-7 days and several differences from Nomad 1 to Nomad 2. But I cannot post on here since photobucket became so finicky. But I would send you pictures to your phone. If your interested send phone number through private message. Fatrascal.

fatrascal

WKR
Newmexican, I know you have a Fulcrum and the Nomad can use a bag as big or bigger than a Fulcrum. Or smaller bags or no bags. Its got many attachment points to change it up. Super cool pack. Fatrascal

oldgoat

WKR
This is from 2016 season, my Nomad and wife's Apollo, the black bag is our cylinder stove, you can see my wife's drybag sandwiched between my pack and lid, just couldn't get it to ride right in her Apollo.

NN9r5yg.jpg

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Newmexican, I know you have a Fulcrum and the Nomad can use a bag as big or bigger than a Fulcrum. Or smaller bags or no bags. Its got many attachment points to change it up. Super cool pack. Fatrascal

It is a very cool pack, I might need to try one at some point.

OP
Whitetaildown215

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
I sold my frame this past winter so my nomad 2 has just been sitting waiting patiently for me to order a new one. Cant wait to try it out.

fatrascal

WKR
I finally figured out how to post pictures with Imgur. Here is a Nomad 1 I fixed up to carry my spotting scope and tripod up against the frame.
adeeXEA.jpg

Then I put my loaded camp bag on top of it.
d7qwLGY.jpg

Here is a view from the top.
sirU54L.jpg

You can see that there is some barreling when carrying the spotter the way I do. I'm not sure if it effected comfort.
y4kuqSi.jpg

The goodlookin' feller under the pack is me.
r0CatT5.jpg

juNNGoD.jpg

Fatrascal.

sveltri

WKR
I absolutely love my Woodsman, but I was checking out the Nomad 2 the other day, pair that with a native and you got one badass, highly functional pack. I personally like that combo because of the Native's ability to be a day pack.