New Kuiu Shoulder Harness

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
For those that are using the Kuiu packs; Kuiu has a new “shoulder harness” coming out.

I have been testing a set for about six weeks now and they are noticeably more comfortable with heavy loads, really even with 60 pound loads they were more comfortable.

The new harness will fit any of their suspensions. They are 4.1 ounces heavier, or at least mine were and they have a little bit more contour to them. The contour I presume makes them more comfortable, but I didn’t think this is where the comfort came from. The shoulder pads are slightly wider with thicker padding. They reminded me of what is on my Barney’s Pack for width and thickness.

This item I believe has just started arriving at the Kuiu warehouses and should be on the website in the next week. My understanding is that this will be a stand alone item only. The current packs and suspensions will continue with the same suspension as it accommodates 90% of the hunters already.

If you have any specific questions let me know.

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here are a couple..

a49bd2396bbe484fa8e8c9a9f4f4d565.jpg
6b79bc52901d416b1040823f94c39f2a.jpg

Last edited:
OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
The T lock is still part of the frame, but is not a relevant part. It is nearly used to align the shoulder straps. The shoulder straps are Velcro to the frame like many of the the other packs out there. And I think saying they break all the time is a embellished.

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
The T lock carries no weight on them, they are to guide and align the shoulder pads. If they were to break, which the could I suppose, it wouldn’t change much about the use of the pack.

Backyard

WKR
Did they mount the sternum strap left snap into right? Or right snap into left(I think to be correct)?
I got a replacement set because the "T" bracket came loose and was squeaking. The original set buckled right to left, the replacement set is left to right.
Bugs the sh*t out of me, like trying to zip up a womans hoodie.

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would have to look when I get home to verify. Have you looked to see if you can swap them around?

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
So on my regular harness the chest strap has the male buckle on the left and on the new harness the male buckle is on the right.

Thats odd. Every pack I have ever had including multiple Kuiu packs always has the male on the right