Kuiu icon pro 2200

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
New icon bag size. Anyone get their hands on one? Can't find any reviews yet online.

Let's put the "that brand is garbage and this one better" aside.

Primarily will be used as a day pack but wanting versatility, 3200 seemed too big and 1850 a little small, this could hit the sweet spot. Plan was to get a bag 2nd hand to save $, that will be tough with a new item.
...I'm asking for a friend...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Coheed22

FNG
New icon bag size. Anyone get their hands on one? Can't find any reviews yet online.

Let's put the "that brand is garbage and this one better" aside.

Primarily will be used as a day pack but wanting versatility, 3200 seemed too big and 1850 a little small, this could hit the sweet spot. Plan was to get a bag 2nd hand to save $, that will be tough with a new item.
...I'm asking for a friend...

Just got mine a couple weeks ago. Bought it primarily for my bowhunting day pack. As far as the bag goes, its amazing. Just took it on a 300 mile overnight trip on my dirt bike to the coast and it hugged my back like it wasn't even there. I had it overstuffed for an overnight trip too. In the main compartment I had; rain jacket, camp pillow, sleeping bag, jetboil, inflatable sleeping pad, fold up metal grill grate, solar charger kit, small battery lantern, lifestraw water filter, some paracord, first aid kit, and a small survival kit. In my top pocket; I put my keys on the internal lanyard and other small personal items for easy access. The long middle pocket on the back I used for food. I had bags of coffee, creamer, pretzels, nuts, 2 mountain house meals, and some wet wipes. I bought the left and right hip pouches and put my headlamp and flashlight on one side, and my knife in the other. (Great spot for range finder)
I took a good spill over the handlebars and landed on my shoulder pretty hard after coming down from a hill climb, but the bag took it like a champ. This ride was a great way to test this bag with all the movement from riding the trails on a dirt bike to mimic wearing for multiple days and long periods of time. It never really bothered me to have on my back.
It's only supposed to be a day pack, but I made it work for an overnight trip. Couldn't be more happy with switching to KUIU for my pack system. If you're curious about the suspension system, I have the icon pro setup and really love it. Like I said, it really hugs your back well once you have it adjusted to your body type. I will eventually get a larger bag for multi day trips into the wood, but for now I look forward to strapping some elk meat to it this fall. Hopefully..

Last edited:

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have three of the new Ultra packs. The packs are not identical, pocket to pocket as the Icon Pro's or the old Ultra's. The new Ultra packs have a few of the pockets from the Icon Pro series strategically placed in useable positions, but not all of the pockets the Icon Pro series has and more than the old Ultras had.

Also, only the new Ultra 7000 has a lid, the other three smaller ones don't have a lid, they are all panel loaders.

I started a thread with a bunch of pictures of the new Ultra 4000 a few months back. The 2200 and 5200 are essentially identical to the 4000 in layout. The 7000 changes slightly with the lid configuration.

If you have any specific questions give me a call.

OP
N

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
Just got mine a couple weeks ago. Bought it primarily for my bowhunting day pack. As far as the bag goes, its amazing. Just took it on a 300 mile overnight trip on my dirt bike to the coast and it hugged my back like it wasn't even there. I had it overstuffed for an overnight trip too. In the main compartment I had; rain jacket, camp pillow, sleeping bag, jetboil, inflatable sleeping pad, fold up metal grill grate, solar charger kit, small battery lantern, lifestraw water filter, some paracord, first aid kit, and a small survival kit. In my top pocket; I put my keys on the internal lanyard and other small personal items for easy access. The long middle pocket on the back I used for food. I had bags of coffee, creamer, pretzels, nuts, 2 mountain house meals, and some wet wipes. I bought the left and right hip pouches and put my headlamp and flashlight on one side, and my knife in the other. (Great spot for range finder)
I took a good spill over the handlebars and landed on my shoulder pretty hard after coming down from a hill climb, but the bag took it like a champ. This ride was a great way to test this bag with all the movement from riding the trails on a dirt bike to mimic wearing for multiple days and long periods of time. It never really bothered me to have on my back.
It's only supposed to be a day pack, but I made it work for an overnight trip. Couldn't be more happy with switching to KUIU for my pack system. If you're curious about the suspension system, I have the icon pro setup and really love it. Like I said, it really hugs your back well once you have it adjusted to your body type. I will eventually get a larger bag for multi day trips into the wood, but for now I look forward to strapping some elk meat to it this fall. Hopefully..
Dang, you got a much better test than I. I ended up paying full price for a 2200 to get it before a scouting trip.
I couldn't give that great of a review bc other packs I've used are either garbage or not apples to apples. I can say it's by far the best thing I've put on my back.
It fit everything I needed for a day hunt with waaay more room and there. I wasn't swimming in it most importantly.
When they say full feature they mean it. I left it probably 3/4 full of what I could leave and similar shaped/weighted items and every time I've shot it's been with it on.
Where 3200 seemed too large and 1850 too small, this is on the money.

Coheed22

FNG
Dang, you got a much better test than I. I ended up paying full price for a 2200 to get it before a scouting trip.
I couldn't give that great of a review bc other packs I've used are either garbage or not apples to apples. I can say it's by far the best thing I've put on my back.
It fit everything I needed for a day hunt with waaay more room and there. I wasn't swimming in it most importantly.
When they say full feature they mean it. I left it probably 3/4 full of what I could leave and similar shaped/weighted items and every time I've shot it's been with it on.
Where 3200 seemed too large and 1850 too small, this is on the money.

Nice. Going on a scouting trip this weekend and look forward to testing it in the field. I'll prob post another little review then, but I got a feeling I'm going to really love this pack.

11boo

WKR
373EA8B8-CDA5-4147-AAE0-865D07A717FE.jpg

I went with a 3000 ultra, not what you are asking about, but I am sold on Kuiu. It fits me perfectly. I had no idea carrying a load all day could be this comfortable.

What a crappy pic, idk what happened there.