SG X-Curve pull question

rfgreenwell

Lil-Rokslider
Mine always slip back when tightening unless I tip the back edge of the buckle up while forward pulling the strap. Makes cinching in a two handed process for each side. Release is either the same two hand deal in reverse or unbuckle first. Aggravating sometimes but I am used to it now. That being the only flaw with this frame, and the belt never loosens once cinched, I have accepted this inconvenience. But thanks to this thread I will probably opt to add sr80's fix to my x-curve belt.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Have any of you pulled on the power pulls and had them immediately slip back to there original position and not grab? Am I doing something wrong?

You have to make sure the webbing is passing through the tri slide on both sides. Sometimes it will do what you are saying if only one side moves when you tighten. Just put your other hand on the waist belt and that won’t happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I’m not a giant fan of the other bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ve had every backpack belt slip I’ve used except the x-curve. That thing locks down, and that’s more value than an easy off when it isn’t loaded down (at least for me).

That frame is not an epic fail. You should take a bit of care and call the company before you declare something of there’s a fail. I’m betting not too many people have walked into their shop and told them that. And this is literally the first I’ve read about it being a problem for someone. Wouldn’t hurt to edit that “declaration” out of your post.

You do have a legitimate concern, but it’s easily solved - I discussed this exact thing with SG when the frame was released, and it’s pretty easy to back the tension off without a duckbill like is shown earlier in the thread. I’m pretty sure hey have a video on it, but I’m also damn sure if you call them they’ll get you straightened out on how to use their belt system......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
FURMAN

FURMAN

WKR
Crickets now that Wyatt dropped the hammer in here.

Nothing is to be gained by further posts. I find it a little embarrassing that this happens on Rokslide. I would expect more from our forum members. I asked for help. One person in the thread actually did that. I do not need anyone to tell me what I should or should not like in my packs. I think the belt on the SG is crap. You guys obviously like it. That is great. I am very grateful to have so many options. I love the bag and have no clue about the frame yet. I would ask that if you have nothing of value to add to the thread which, again, was about help with the belt then stay out of it. I have spoken with SG they were very courteous as I expected they would be but had no offering for a solution. Wyatt was nothing but condescending. Again, I appreciate the help sr80.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Nothing is to be gained by further posts. I find it a little embarrassing that this happens on Rokslide. I would expect more from our forum members. I asked for help. One person in the thread actually did that. I do not need anyone to tell me what I should or should not like in my packs. I think the belt on the SG is crap. You guys obviously like it. That is great. I am very grateful to have so many options. I love the bag and have no clue about the frame yet. I would ask that if you have nothing of value to add to the thread which, again, was about help with the belt then stay out of it. I have spoken with SG they were very courteous as I expected they would be but had no offering for a solution. Wyatt was nothing but condescending. Again, I appreciate the help sr80.

Hey man my intent was not to be condescending, sorry; I think that can add to the thread still. I’m not a fan of seeing product bad mouthed on here, because it sticks around, and people latch onto that. I sincerely appreciate you editing your post. I actually did agree with you and really had the same exact problem when I got the frame. But I called SG and spoke to Kurt, andafter some use in the field I found my concerns were easily fixed. Again sorry, I read epic fail and went nuclear because I don’t think your personal opinion gives you the right to declare a product you just got as a failure to the masses. But you certainly brought forth some valid points.

As for actual help - the belt was designed to tension down on itself as you tighten so unbuckling is the easiest way to loosen. You can try to grab the trislide on the side closest to the buckle to change the angle like a duckbill (brown one in the thread) and that kind of works. But unbuckling is easier. Not everyone is cool with that and it’s totally legitimate to bring it up.

Take care - James

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bmart2622

WKR
Theres nothing wrong with asking for help and this site is the place to do it but bad mouthing a company and calling their product an epic fail is bad form and thats something you should take accountabilty for. Wyatt called you out on that and has nothing to apologize for. SG makes a great product and is backed by great CS, hopefully you get it figured out and dont let this very minor hiccup cause you to miss out on a great frame. Good luck.

OP
FURMAN

FURMAN

WKR
Hey man my intent was not to be condescending, sorry; I think that can add to the thread still. I’m not a fan of seeing product bad mouthed on here, because it sticks around, and people latch onto that. I sincerely appreciate you editing your post. I actually did agree with you and really had the same exact problem when I got the frame. But I called SG and spoke to Kurt, andafter some use in the field I found my concerns were easily fixed. Again sorry, I read epic fail and went nuclear because I don’t think your personal opinion gives you the right to declare a product you just got as a failure to the masses. But you certainly brought forth some valid points.

As for actual help - the belt was designed to tension down on itself as you tighten so unbuckling is the easiest way to loosen. You can try to grab the trislide on the side closest to the buckle to change the angle like a duckbill (brown one in the thread) and that kind of works. But unbuckling is easier. Not everyone is cool with that and it’s totally legitimate to bring it up.

Take care - James

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your apology says a lot about your character and I greatly appreciate it. I did edit the post but it does not change my opinion. Those are not words I would use in a formal review so I will choose my words more carefully in the future. I would like to believe that readers can see that it was just my opinion rather than a statement of fact. I fully believe it is good to see what people don't like, even hate, about products just the same as the things they like. I never felt that my issue with the belt meant that the entire pack setup was worthless but it is a big issue. I am glad we can all get along. It is truly my favorite thing about this forum. Thanks.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I just received my sky guide 7900 and I do not understand the pulls. Every other pack I have owned with "power pulls"(kuiu, Seek, EXO, Kifaru) allows me to loosen the belt while still buckled and cinched. On the SG it will not loosen unless you A. unbuckle it and pull both the buckle and the adjustor or B. remove the strap from the adjustor and just use it as a non "power pull". Am I missing something? I love the bag but this is most likely a deal breaker for me as I almost always need to loosen one side or the other to properly adjust the belt when I fist put it on.

loosen it all the way before you put it on and then once it is on tighten it down to comfort. They make it that way so when you're walking the belt will not be able to loosen up. I have had plenty of packs where the belt always gets loose after a little bit of walking. The design is meant for that not to happen. It only takes a second to unbuckle and buckle it back up.

OP
FURMAN

FURMAN

WKR
loosen it all the way before you put it on and then once it is on tighten it down to comfort. They make it that way so when you're walking the belt will not be able to loosen up. I have had plenty of packs where the belt always gets loose after a little bit of walking. The design is meant for that not to happen. It only takes a second to unbuckle and buckle it back up.

I appreciate your attempt to help. I understand how it works. I understand why. I do not like it. As I have stated before I must be an outlier because I have never had any other belt loosen no matter what the weight.