Better daypack option/kuiu suspension

Headed to Wyoming in late September for an elk hunt. Went 2 years ago and used a Eberlestock x2 for two weeks. Pack worked fine but i know there are better options out there in terms of comfort. Im 5'10" and 150 lbs. and the pack seems to hurt my shoulders quite a bit. I took it to a local store that sold and fit backpacks and they taught me how to properly wear it. We hunt most of the time off horses so having a pack that hauls meat isn't really a necessity. Basically just looking for a day pack. Wondering if anyone runs the Kuiu 1850 with just the suspension since the frame is not necessarily needed? I think the EXO k2 2000 is probably overkill as well. Mystery Ranch pop up 28 looks good but the frame will never be used. Im from Alabama so going somewhere to look around is not an option. Any advise would be appreciated.

LaHunter

WKR
I’ve never hunted off horses, but I would think all you would want is a small daypack without a rigid frame system. I would think a rigid frame may get pretty uncomfortable while on a horse. Lots of inexpensive options

btg108

FNG
Take a look at the Kifaru Urban Zippy. It’s pretty short and can ride high on the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nuke Man

WKR
I like the 1850 and the ability to run it frameless is sweet! It's really the best laid out day pack I have found

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
The 1850 or the new Kuiu Venture 1800 would work well. The Venture doesn't have the option of the frame like the 1850. So if you ever thought you would need the frame, the 1850 would be better. The Osprey Atmos 50 is also a super solid pack for what you are looking for and super light. The Badlands Sacrifice pack was basically the Atmos 50 but made with camo material.

THBZN

Lil-Rokslider
If you don't need any meat hauling features, I would recommend the MYSTERY RANCH Scapegoat 35. Great shape, low profile, front compression works well as a bow carrier, and it handles everything you would need for a long day hunt.

OP
Gardner.jdavid
Thanks for all the input. The MR Scapegoat 25 and 35 were both on my radar. Kuiu Venture looks good as well. Don't know if i want to buy the Kuiu Venture on its debut year. Im sure they got it all figured out though.

Thanks for all the input. The MR Scapegoat 25 and 35 were both on my radar. Kuiu Venture looks good as well. Don't know if i want to buy the Kuiu Venture on its debut year. Im sure they got it all figured out though.

It's a backpack. Not a rocket ship. They get everything else right so, I'm certain they did fine on the back pack too.