Kifaru Whitetail pack

PMcGee

WKR
I'm not sure either. I've used my DT2 and my EMR2 for whitetails. As far as organization I just put anything I'll need in my lid and it's easy to get to.
12be717885f767415252d039536c631c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
a6619e523dde1f35ea9e12aea097b27e.jpg

mrgreen

WKR
Yea. I did kill a deer with a bow in a white tee shirt once but that color hanging in a tree looks likes a big flag. I agree need to see it next to a known pack for size relevance.

'How that deer got in a white tee shirt, I'll never know.....' *

* Credit: Groucho Marx

Btaylor

WKR
Why can't you hunt with this in a tree with or without the frame? 4 pockets at least. Able to be carried by it's own suspension. Am I missing something?

Are they not going to offer it in other colors? I'd say they will. However, it's been my experience the lighter colors in a tree helped much more then they hurt. Especially once the leaves fall.

These are serious questions. Am I missing something or, are you guys missing something?

At least judging it from the pics, it doesnt bring anything to the table really. It does not add capability, increase function or efficiency. Sad part is they have already designed most of the pieces to make a phenomenal whitetail system with only some minor tweaking. They just dont understand what the real need is for the public land whitetail guy. Not a knock on them at all, just the reality that whitetails bring a different fit and function requirement than western game.

I see things differently. It’s a huge increase in efficient and function due to having the pockets. A guide lid might hold stuff loosely for some folks. I don’t have a guide lid though. Nor do I want to be searching a blob pocket for my stuff.

I did like the way the above stand was attached. Learn something new every day.

I reckon I’m looking at it like some people look at the 30/06. It’ll do everything but, there are better options for almost everything.

God Bless men

N2TRKYS

WKR
I don’t ever see this fitting into my deer hunting setup. It’s just not setup right for that for me.

Chad.frank

Lil-Rokslider
The videos explain it pretty well. I do like the quiver/nalgene pocket, I think that would come in handy. The three pockets on the front make access easy when it’s hanging near you in the stand.

Like I said in an earlier post, maybe it’s not for everyone. That’s what’s great about this country, if you don’t like it you can search for something different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cg2737

WKR
I am looking forward to a full video. I would like to see it strapped to a frame. I have ran a frame with a cargo panel and pockets for years. This looks pretty cool
8a8130adfadb2a60ee3de8d1887bb8f1.png

c8811f872de6e02b7d68334a1bfca16e.png

203b5167d08366842b051ba33aded069.png

Last edited:

JD619er

WKR
I think it looks great. The fact that they put purpose into the pockets for certain pieces of gear is great. And the no one has mention the fact that it can be worn as a stand alone Pack or on a frame makes it extremely versatile. It’s something Kifaru has never done.

Obi-wanshinobi

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like it's gonna be another great option in the Kifaru lineup. I'm looking forward to the lumbar pack though.

btg108

FNG
Looks like it’ll be at it best on a frame. If you’d be using it mostly off frame I’d think a Tarryall would be a better choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlyGuy

WKR
Man, I don't understand all the complaining? After reading so many negative comments about this bag I started thinking that maybe Kifaru just half-assed it with this one, maybe rushed to get it out to market too soon and I was fully expecting the videos to really disappoint me...

Instead, Hell after I saw the short videos I want to buy one of the damn things. It looks extremely well thought out and gives you tons of options. It seems perfect for the WT hunter that may or may not need to pack out deer and that makes a trip to hunt elk once a year.

I'm curious to understand why some guys are saying this just won't work for them or their style of hunting? What is missing? Is it too large? Too small? What specifically do you want different than this? I'm truly curious to understand.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk