Kifaru Whitetail pack

As far as I knew it was always the Eastern Ruck. I think they just also referred to it as the whitetail pack. Don’t quote me on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may be correct. Between previous mentions, this thread, and that Intragram video I came to know it as the WT pack.
I stand corrected.

vdeal

FNG
Got an email from Kifaru yesterday about the Eastern Ruck. I must say that I'm intrigued. This pack has a lot of things going on that I like. I'll anxiously await a field report. I don't envision using it attached to an external frame and am curious how it carries on the internal.

adamm88

WKR
This looks interesting to me, ill be interested to see more reviews, i was looking to possibly getting a mr pop up but this may fit the bill and get the nod in the off season

I think it looks great and would absolutely benefit a whitetail treestand hunter because... I am one... from back east.... Aron also posted how it works while in stand

I also wonder how painful it would be to haul a deboned elk quarter out with it only with the internal frame.... or most of a whitetail

tracker12

WKR
Nothing they currently offer has the organization a whitetail tree stand hunter needs as a stock pack. Yes, you can build one with pal pockets I suppose. But, none of them have the lashing panel for attaching a stand to them like this one appears to have. And, you could buy this, use it on a frame when needed, then use it on it's own when hunting areas that packing out your game isn't a requirement. I am having a hard time seeing where Kifaru has a current offering with that kind of potential. Different strokes for different folks I reckon. But, I'm confused why people are already stating they don't see this as being a logical answer for such use.

Urban Zippy is a nice pack for WT. Add a pouch on the front and it will work out great for organization.

ddenney

FNG
What I'm thinking about doing is running the eastern ruck between the wings of the nomad similar to what they do with the native. That way I have a ton of options. Itll be one heck of an approach pack and to get the first small load back to camp to grab the frame!

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
bb33945209b340f69617107b056238c0.jpg

It’s here

Crotalus

Lil-Rokslider
Really interested in one of these bags, going to wait until there are a few more in the field so i can start asking questions to see if they will work for me.

cg2737

WKR
I had shoulder surgery and still can’t really put this to the test but this is how I plan on running the Eastern Ruck in upstate NY for Whitetails.

I put this pack on my 24" tactical frame due to the extra attachment points offered. I decided to take the shoulder straps and belt off the whitetail pack rather than leave them on like Aron did on the videos. I found that the straps and belt hung up on the tree stand. I also found that the hardware on them made additional noise when contacting the stand. Putting the belt and shoulder straps back on take no time at all and worth the effort to me to have them off while running my pack in this configuration.

Carry the stand to the tree. Drop stand. Put pack back on. Climb the tree. Attach pack to tree. Pull my bow up, and hunt.

I have a 20 deg. slick bag and hooded Kelvin Lite jacket in the main bag. A Kelvin Lite unhooded in the rear pouch. A heavy Sitka neck gaiter and beanie in each vertical pouch. 2 FL tag cuff beanies, Talus gloves, and FL Tundra balaclava in the lid compartment. The side quiver compartments are empty. I plan on running my rock climbing harness on one side and putting my quiver while in the tree in the other.

On the belt I have a stash it and water bottle holder.

c479c0c539b4b609e1861fa06647e3da.jpg

528f0efcab5ee988ad80d96c2088d997.jpg

66ec4e28c20c4a1213cd411c822a8386.jpg

5c2f6fb6b8849bb09efea79bb55a514d.jpg

aace55f8155c688a10f2728fe6af3956.jpg

Last edited:

cg2737

WKR
I have had guys PM-ing me requesting some other stuff put in the pack. The items below fit easily and the pack could definitely hold much more. I am going to borrow a friend's Summit climber this weekend and try to post up pics.
Top lid: bow hanger, dynema strap, bow rope, linesman belt
Main bag: FL Sanctuary bibs, FL Sanctuary Jacket ( even with these two large pieces there is room for more gear in the main compartment)
Quiver holder right side: Rock climbing harness.
Quiver holder left side: 6' Wicked Tree Saw.
Small back pouch right: bottle of Vitamin Water
Small back pouch left: hand held Wicked tree saw (you could easily put three of these in this pouch)
Large back pouch: FL tag cuff beanie, Tundra balaclava, talus gloves, neck gator, Sitka neck gator, Jetstream beanie (I took out these items and just to see how much could fit in this compartment I put a Kifaru Mega Tarp, Annex, 20 MSR groundhog stakes, and a blow up pillow in it. It closed without even forcing the issue.)

yeah there's no really good way to pack a summit. i used to have a goliath and when i switched to a lone wolf hand climber it opened up so many options on how to pack it in.