Kifaru Whitetail pack

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Coming soon to a woods near you. Check out the “ Season “ thread pinned in elk forum or my IG for more details and pics.
b23ccc1ea0b1e95b51d9448daf48261d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chad.frank

Lil-Rokslider
Can’t wait to see it in person. I really like the fact that you can use it with or without an external frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i like what i see in the pictures. anxiously awaiting a video to get an idea of what thoughts went into the design. looks like it will be able to be run with the edc belt if desired. i'm having a hard time gauging how big it is based on the pictures. would like to see it next to some other packs.

I'm 99% sure it will be 500d cordura. Can't say it's ever been an issue for me in the tree and of I'm going to be strapping down trees and I would take a durable fabric over something quiet like fleece any day.

Super excited about this as well. Supposed to be available this week according to that last podcast.

Looks like a zippy mixed with a zulu. From the pics it looks like it doesn’t slide on the frame. Just mounts to it via buckles?

Looks like a zippy mixed with a zulu. From the pics it looks like it doesn’t slide on the frame. Just mounts to it via buckles?

I believe It's going to have the same shoulder straps and optional edc belt like the door Gunner with the option of being able to strap a stand/blind etc to a frame. No sleeve as the idea is that if you're using it with a frame, theres is somethig sandwiched between them and a sleeve doesn't do you any good

Kind of curios as to which hunters they are targeting with this? I've been WT hunting the NE for 30+ years and this has no place in my hunting.

My guess would be a whitetail hunter that hunts from a tree and needs pack organization, in areas that require their quarry to be hauled out on a pack frame. They have every thing else covered with other options.

My guess would be a whitetail hunter that hunts from a tree and needs pack organization, in areas that require their quarry to be hauled out on a pack frame. They have every thing else covered with other options.
This might be part of it and it will most likely appeal to people that just want a Kifaru.
I'm a DIY pulic land WT guy myself, who has pack many of deer out in recent years, but I just don't see where many of the other packs already out there wouldn't due. I'm guessing their working their way into that WT market?

For the record I have three Kifaru frames so I can't be a hater.
I have build the perfect WT system in my mind so I may be a little biased. I will say that if they want to capture the bulk of the WT guys it will have to be a silent fabric.

Nothing they currently offer has the organization a whitetail tree stand hunter needs as a stock pack. Yes, you can build one with pal pockets I suppose. But, none of them have the lashing panel for attaching a stand to them like this one appears to have. And, you could buy this, use it on a frame when needed, then use it on it's own when hunting areas that packing out your game isn't a requirement. I am having a hard time seeing where Kifaru has a current offering with that kind of potential. Different strokes for different folks I reckon. But, I'm confused why people are already stating they don't see this as being a logical answer for such use.

Diesel

WKR
I was hoping for something different from Kifaru as a whitetail pack.

It is mostly my ill placed expectation. What I was hoping for was a pack for treestand whitetail hunting in the eastern woods.

Mattt

Lil-Rokslider
Yea. I did kill a deer with a bow in a white tee shirt once but that color hanging in a tree looks likes a big flag. I agree need to see it next to a known pack for size relevance.

Why can't you hunt with this in a tree with or without the frame? 4 pockets at least. Able to be carried by it's own suspension. Am I missing something?

Are they not going to offer it in other colors? I'd say they will. However, it's been my experience the lighter colors in a tree helped much more then they hurt. Especially once the leaves fall.

These are serious questions. Am I missing something or, are you guys missing something?

Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’m not a white tail tree stand hunter but so I don’t understand what’s going on with this pack or why you couldn’t just put a stand on any other kifaru frame/pack combo.