Whitetail Hunting with the Kifaru Frame

MIedge

FNG
First and foremost, I have Kifaru 22 mag on a 24" tactical frame. I ran that setup last season and liked it, but I was thinking about losing the bag and doing the following: running two compression straps horizontally and a guide lid over the top for vertical compression. I also have a grab it so that is at my disposal as well. Does anyone have any experiencing running something similar and if so, what did you like/not like about it?

From what I have read on other threads, I know the cargo panel is a great option as well but quite honestly I'd rather spend the money on other needs.

The grabit and a single lash strap secures my lone wolf stand no problem. The other thing I've messed around with is just zip tying the stand right to the frame.

First and foremost, I have Kifaru 22 mag on a 24" tactical frame. I ran that setup last season and liked it, but I was thinking about losing the bag and doing the following: running two compression straps horizontally and a guide lid over the top for vertical compression. I also have a grab it so that is at my disposal as well. Does anyone have any experiencing running something similar and if so, what did you like/not like about it?

From what I have read on other threads, I know the cargo panel is a great option as well but quite honestly I'd rather spend the money on other needs.

I have a 26 inch duplex frame with the following. 22 mag bag guide lid cargo panel and grabit. I added some pockets here and there and am set to experiment.
I am primarily a treestand hunter and vary between fixed stands pre set and carrying a climber or hang on in and out. I hunt from labor day till the last day of january.

I will be experimenting with all these components to see what works best. I will be packing meat stands and clothes. I can't imagine I don't have things covered.
My initial thoughts are the guide lid and cargo panel with 2 medium pockets are gong to get the most use. I will follow up after the season to report on what worked best for me.

I personally don't like bigger frames for wt hunting and especially when using a climber. I've used a frame pack, Sitka, Kuiu, Exo, and two Kifarus. I prefer to have a suspension-pack system attached to my stand and strap a simple pack with gear to the stand. This way I'm climbing with only a small pack on and they're easier to work out of in a tree.

OP
MIedge

MIedge

FNG
I appreciate the feedback guys! I currently have (for the past 3 years) molle shoulder straps and a molle kidney belt attached to my LW assault but I honestly do not like the straps/kidney belt very much. I hunt exclusively mobile on public land here due to the fact that leaving stands up in MI is essentially donating your gear to the locals. It's alright for my spots that are under 3/4 a mile but when I'm trekking 1+ miles through a swamp or marsh, I'd prefer to utilize my Kifaru frame (I only make it out west once a year so I'd like to get my moneys worth out of the frame as well). I do not plan on taking the frame up the tree with me, I would just hang my sticks/stand and bring the guide lid up.

Brian let me know how your experimentation works out this year, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Deepshax

WKR
you can attach the guide lid to the frame w/ the guide lid kit and then strap the stand to the frame on the outside of the guide lid - bring the whole frame w/ guide lid attached up the tree with you.

I dont leave anything at the tree base