Muskeg

mcmurder77

Lil-Rokslider
Thinking awfully hard about selling my duplex hunter, reckoning, guide lid set up and buying the lightweight frame and 5000 muskeg.
What’s the going rate for lightly used set up. 26” frame, med belt and aluminum stays. All like new condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WYCFM1

WKR
You see a lot of kifaru and exo stuff lightly used going for roughly 80%-90% of full price all the time seems like. Most ppl here know they are worth just that much and that’s a good deal

HookUp

WKR
I'm running the same set up as you OP. How much weight does it save by going to the light frame and Muskeg?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Ive thought of doing similar, but its a never ending cycle. I'm ok with using my stuff for several more years. I feel like as soon as I drop the $$$ there will just be another "next best thing". Last summer it was the Fulcrum and reckoning packs, this year its the Muskeg. Whats next year?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’ll also add, that if your pack is in “like new” condition, that means you probably havnt even used it enough to know the difference between it and the next best thing out there. A reckoning with a 26” frame is going to be better than 95% of anything else available.

What do you really expect to gain by dropping a pound off your set up?

OP
M

mcmurder77

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll also add, that if your pack is in “like new” condition, that means you probably havnt even used it enough to know the difference between it and the next best thing out there. A reckoning with a 26” frame is going to be better than 95% of anything else available.

What do you really expect to gain by dropping a pound off your set up?

You are 100% correct. The biggest thing I want to gain is the muskeg bag. I feel like it’s better suited for the terrain I hunt (nw Oregon). As far as the frame goes I could probably keep mine and be perfectly happy. I am new to the backpacking world and am just getting started. The duplex is already 10k times more comfortable than what I previously had.

OP
M

mcmurder77

Lil-Rokslider
I'm running the same set up as you OP. How much weight does it save by going to the light frame and Muskeg?

It’ll save some weight. Biggest thing for me is the waterproof bag. I’m so new to the backpacking game that I probably wouldn’t notice the fit/feel difference between the two frames.
Here’s a little document I created with the weights.
ab0cb131c3b9950fb34f8058fc57a891.png

SWOHTR

WKR
Couldn’t have sold this to me yesterday before I gave Kifaru $960 for that same setup except a 24in frame?! Hah. I looked at the muskeg vs reckoning and came out with the reckoning. Looking forward to it in a few weeks!

OP
M

mcmurder77

Lil-Rokslider
Couldn’t have sold this to me yesterday before I gave Kifaru $960 for that same setup except a 24in frame?! Hah. I looked at the muskeg vs reckoning and came out with the reckoning. Looking forward to it in a few weeks!

It’s not too late to cancel the order. ;)

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
You are 100% correct. The biggest thing I want to gain is the muskeg bag. I feel like it’s better suited for the terrain I hunt (nw Oregon). As far as the frame goes I could probably keep mine and be perfectly happy. I am new to the backpacking world and am just getting started. The duplex is already 10k times more comfortable than what I previously had.

The reckoning is a cool bag, you could probably sell it and easily get 75% of your money back then just put a muskeg bag on your frame.

A hunter or tactical frame with aluminum stays and, a reckoning bag is $620 plus roughly $25 shipping. Ultra light stays is $660 plus shipping. New frame and reckoning is $634 plus shipping. You had to buy more then a frame and bag

SWOHTR

WKR
A hunter or tactical frame with aluminum stays and, a reckoning bag is $620 plus roughly $25 shipping. Ultra light stays is $660 plus shipping. New frame and reckoning is $634 plus shipping. You had to buy more then a frame and bag

Yes. Guide lid, organizer, pockets, rain cover, bottle holder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk