Would a Mystery Ranch Guide Light Frame work well for a tallish guy?

I have finally decided it's time for me to get a legit hunting pack. I have been eyeing the MR Metcalf on the GLF. I have read that taller guys have had issues with the load lifters not working well due to the shorter frame length. I'm 6'3", 230 lbs with a 21" torso. My concern is that frame will be too short for the load lifters to work properly especially under heavy loads.

Any other taller guys out there use the GLF? I would love to hear about your experience. Does the GLF work for you or should I go with a pack that offers longer frame options like Seek Outside or Kifaru?

Dusty2426

WKR
I’m 6’3 220 22” torso and run the guide light with pintler no issues. Very comfortable. I have a kifaru hunter frame reckoning bag and it is a true toss up on comfort. Love em both

I'm 6'4" and the pintler works great for me. Very comfortable pack but ive only loaded it down to about 50lbs so far

sr80

WKR
Can't wait to get my Metcalf! Been using a kifaru for the last year or so and have always liked the layout of the MR bags much better. Finally bit the bullet.

muddydogs

WKR
You have no worries at a short 6'3" as the guide light frame fits me at 6'10". I would think you will want the XL or XXL frame depending on your waist size to get the 21" to 24" torso length.

Dusty2426

WKR
At 6’3 22” i was at the top of the large chart and bottom of the Xl I read on mr be sight if you fall in between go with the smaller size. I went large ( 33 inch waist)

I'm 6'3" and 220# with a 21 in torso, 36 in waist - GL in large fits me well - run it with a Marshall and Pintler - really happy with the set up

I am 6’3” and 250 - it is not fat, it is power.

I have a large and medium guidelight. I run the medium at the top of the adjustment and large at the bottom. I actually shortened the large up a bit to make it ride better on my lumbar curve, so even your measurements can be a little misleading.

Call them, they will steer you right. Jordan and a couple of the other guys are on the taller side and can tell you what they use. Little know fact, you can also get custom load lifters made for NICE frames.

As far as the MR vs a Kirfaru or other, they are all great. I started with an Mr pack on a NICE frame and then I had a reckoning on a 26 for a while. A hell of a frame and pack. I bought a Pinter for a crazy good price and fell back in love with MR. at that level of gear and performance there are some legit differences between the brands, but a lot comes down to individual preference.

You have no worries at a short 6'3" as the guide light frame fits me at 6'10". I would think you will want the XL or XXL frame depending on your waist size to get the 21" to 24" torso length.

What is your torso length? My son is 6'5" running a XL MR Glacier and the load lifters are basically even with his shoulders. He has a 23" torso.