Help me pick a Kifaru Pack

Hey guys,

I'm a complete Noob when it comes to packs. Looking for a do all pack if you will.
I need something that is versitile. Take on a 7 day backcountry mule deer or bear hunt with all my gear. Need to be able to drop camp and be able to daypack and meat haul with. Also, I'll be going to Alaska soon and will need it to haul heavy moose quarters (if I'm fortunate enough)

I was thinking about a duplex frame, nomad 2, some sort of camp bag and a cargo net with some pockets sprinkled in here and there. Maybe a guide lid?

I would like to hear some of your suggestions.

Thanks

bsnedeker

WKR
Hey guys,

I'm a complete Noob when it comes to packs. Looking for a do all pack if you will.
I need something that is versitile. Take on a 7 day backcountry mule deer or bear hunt with all my gear. Need to be able to drop camp and be able to daypack and meat haul with. Also, I'll be going to Alaska soon and will need it to haul heavy moose quarters (if I'm fortunate enough)

I was thinking about a duplex frame, nomad 2, some sort of camp bag and a cargo net with some pockets sprinkled in here and there. Maybe a guide lid?

I would like to hear some of your suggestions.

Thanks
This one is really completely about personal preference. I used a system last year that is similar to what you are describing and I hated it... Too many compartments and I could never remember where I put anything so it was always an ordeal finding what I'm looking for. This year I upgraded to the Cavern with a standard guide lid. Tools and stuff in the guide lid, everything else in the main bag, probably won't use the spotting scope pocket once I'm hunting. That style works for me mainly because I'm generally disorganized.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

If you are going to haul moose quarters you might want the tactical frame but the hunting frame would work.

A guide lid or OGL would be a must. A reckoning would be a good all around bag choice. I have the Nomad and Camp bag and grabit. It does all I need and more for 7-10 days. I don’t think the cargo panel is necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chad.frank

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with the Reckoning, it’s what I have with the duplex frame. Can get up to 7000 Cubic inch. I would also look closely at the lightweight frame, I’ve heard nothing but great things about it and will be purchasing one myself.

Really if you are looking at Kifaru the best thing to do is call there. They have 100% awesome customer service and will put you in the best option that you are looking for.
*1 (800) 222-6139‬ this is their number.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I bought my kifaru mostly for moose and caribou hunts so for that reason I went with the tactical frame.

I’ve also been really happy with the fulcrum bag, it compresses down small for training and day hiking from camp but it’s friggin huge too so I can haul my camp in comfortably. With 3 medium pockets and the 2 wing pockets I have more than enough access to all my stuff.

Lawnboi

WKR
IMO as long as it is big enough for your longest or most equipment heavy trip, it will work for the rest.

Purely personal preference. Iv had a few of thier bags, they all do what's needed.

The fulcrum is my one tool for everything pack

OP
Robinhood21
Thanks for the responses guys.

So is the tactical frame more robust?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Thanks for the responses guys.

So is the tactical frame more robust?

It’s stiffer and a bit thicker. I’ve had moose quarters on mine and it did well. Not that you can’t do it with the hunting frame but I like the extra stoutness of the tactical frame.