Kifaru OGL

mcmurder77

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone recently switch from the regular guide lid to the OGL? I like the idea of the pockets for organizing small easy to get to stuff, but am having a hard time really envisioning the real life size of the pockets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunter Sargent

Lil-Rokslider
I don't have experience with the OGL, but my old MR pack had a lid that was separated into two pockets. It was ok, but I prefer one bigger pocket that will hold rain gear and/or a puffy in case the weather gets nasty. That was only for the hike in...while hunting I took the lid off. If it were me I would use the regular Guide Lid for the extra space and simplicity.

The older I get, the more I like "simple". Trying to remember which pocket I put something in sucks :confused:

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a video up on rokslide youtube called Crater / OGL, there's 2 parts. I talk about that lid in both of them, just don't remember to what extent. Angled 80mm spotter does not fit in the big compartment but a full frame camera and 70-200mm does with some extra room. The footprint of it is a little bigger than the original guide lid. I'll try to do a straight up comparison video in the next few days for everyone.

I prefer the larger single pocket of the guide lid. I also like simple, but modular.

With two small compartments and one large one, I have to modify what I’m carrying in my lid to fit.

With one large compartment, I make my gear work for me.

Lawnboi

WKR
I actually liked he longhunter more than the guide. I thought the guide was big, and stuff got lost in it.

I got the organizer guide and have been happy with it. The main pocket is nice size, fits a lot of stuff. Smaller ones are perfect for headlamps and snacks.

I don't know what to put in my belt pouches now though

OP
M

mcmurder77

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Jordan, I haven’t watched those videos yet but I’ll check them out. I enjoyed the other ones you have done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk