Kifaru duplex lite stress test

So hold on?? you intentionally tried to put un needed stress on the frame?? But then it didnt break so you went full hulk on in until it cracked?? Ya I dont think I would be warrantying that one if I was Kifaru..

why not?, Rokslide threw packs off a mountain and everyone thought that was cool.

that was the pack maker throwing packs off the side of a mountain.. Their money.. Not someone who bought a pack tried to break it and then expects Kifaru to replace it.. Thats a big difference..

Clarktar

WKR
why not?, Rokslide threw packs off a mountain and everyone thought that was cool.
I'm having a hard time siding with everyone ragging on the guy as well.

So what, he tested, learned and Kifaru is going to warranty.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Well I sat down on the frame and tried pulling up a little. It did fine. No cracking or popping. Then I sat it up on end like it sits on your back and sat on it. I did a little flexing and small little bounces and I heard a nice crack/pop. Then I got scared so I stopped. Then I tried it with my arms a little bit and it surely cracked. But I chatted with Aron directly and it will be resolved. I think out of my inexperience with these frame packs I tested it the wrong way and almost anything would’ve bent or broke. But maybe I’m wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not trying to rag on the guy too hard but putting stress on the frame in a way it isn’t even meant to be used just seems pointless I’d rather see him strap the pack to something and see how much weight it could hold before or failed than putting pressure on it in a way that just dosent make sense.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member

I agree! I do stupid shit all the time and I bet most on this thread do too.

Clarktar

WKR
Well, I use things in ways they weren't meant to be used, many do. Hell, Aron Snyder mentioned using a tent in a way it wasn't designed for in a recent pod cast. It happens, and I bet some manufacturers like to know.
I’m not trying to rag on the guy too hard but putting stress on the frame in a way it isn’t even meant to be used just seems pointless I’d rather see him strap the pack to something and see how much weight it could hold before or failed than putting pressure on it in a way that just dosent make sense.

OP
WYCFM1

WYCFM1

WKR
So my Tapatalk account wigged out the other day and last resort I deleted it to re-log back in and it got all messed up. But yeah I actually talked to Aron Snyder on the phone right after and walked him through what happened. He said ok yeah he could understand feasibly how it might crack but he was still pretty surprised my 155 pounds sitting on it and tugging with one arm go it to pop.

He mentioned it’s possible the installer of the carbon fiber stay COULD have hit the stay with the sledgehammer at a funny angle and didn’t realize it popped.

I’m not dodging being ragged on haha I get it all the time being 2 years into backpack elk hunting.
Myself thinks I was an idiot to get so curious and try to stress test it. But the other carbon Brazilian bamboo stay is super strong so I guess it’s kinda up the air between Snyder and I whether I actually got it to break with one handed tug or it might’ve been failed at the factory.

Fatcamp

WKR
Well, I use things in ways they weren't meant to be used, many do. Hell, Aron Snyder mentioned using a tent in a way it wasn't designed for in a recent pod cast. It happens, and I bet some manufacturers like to know.

I bet you put furniture together without reading the instructions, too. Savages.

Owenst7

WKR
So my Tapatalk account wigged out the other day and last resort I deleted it to re-log back in and it got all messed up. But yeah I actually talked to Aron Snyder on the phone right after and walked him through what happened. He said ok yeah he could understand feasibly how it might crack but he was still pretty surprised my 155 pounds sitting on it and tugging with one arm go it to pop.

He mentioned it’s possible the installer of the carbon fiber stay COULD have hit the stay with the sledgehammer at a funny angle and didn’t realize it popped.

I’m not dodging being ragged on haha I get it all the time being 2 years into backpack elk hunting.
Myself thinks I was an idiot to get so curious and try to stress test it. But the other carbon Brazilian bamboo stay is super strong so I guess it’s kinda up the air between Snyder and I whether I actually got it to break with one handed tug or it might’ve been failed at the factory.

Sounds like you've got a good sense of humor.

My friends and I rag on each other for doing stupid shit all the time. No room for snowflakes in the Backcountry.

Fatcamp

WKR
Nope, I hire out for that stuff. Too busy on the internet

Well, it's good to hear you have your priorities straight.

I have recently figured out that arguing about training online is at least as effective as working out. Always looking for more efficient ways of doing things.

The "sledgehammer" that they use is similar to this: Stanley Dead Blow Hammer, 21 oz., 12-3/4" 57-532 | Zoro.com so I have serious doubts that it would crack a stay. It seems like Aron may be trying to give you a way out to save face.

I've learned almost everything I know by doing stupid shit, or watching someone close to me doing stupid shit. I think I would have just bought a replacement stay and not told anyone how it happened if it were me.

Chad.frank

Lil-Rokslider
Next time anyone has something negative to say about Kifaru I’m pointing them towards this thread. Absolutely unreal the customer service they provide.

You guys can say he doesn’t deserve this. That’s your right. But, the reason he’s getting chastised has nothing to do with doing stupid crap. It does have everything to do with doing stupid crap and calling to get fixed what your stupid broke. Sorry, that ain’t learning the right way. Or, even using what knowledge the Good Lord give you. That’s being stupid. Stupid hurts most times. This is an exception due to the gracious actions of Kifaru.

Like I said OP, I’m glad it worked out for. But, It was a stupid move that you are lucky didn’t cost you another $100 to fix. God Bless men

OP
WYCFM1

WYCFM1

WKR
I agree with VW Mountianeer haha well it is true. I broke it and called kifaru about it. I didn’t mean to come off as complaining like a baby but it did surprise me a little bit!. I’m just stoked kifaru is about getting the back country hunters an amazing pack for gruesome hunts and abusing missions. I of course did offer to pay for a new stay. I not once demanded a new stay guys for free. But Aron said no problem we’ll get you fixed up. How can you have negativity towards a company like that eh? Just awesome!

September’s coming boys!! Time to get deadly! Can’t wait to put my pack to use!

weaver

WKR
That frame shouldn't have broke Imho. My frame has taken some tumbles with heavy weight on it that im sure put more stress on it than what the op did.

I will say we need more guys like the op that can take some crap without getting butthurt

OP
WYCFM1

WYCFM1

WKR
Every pack gets cliff tested before getting sent out.

Why the need to test further?

I was also showing the pack and frame off to my brother. I was showing him the strength and flex and why he should also buy one for hauling elk out. I juts didn’t mean to push it as far as cracking they stay.