Mystery Ranch Concerns?

I have a friend that asked me about MR being built in the Phillipines. I did not know what to tell him. Is this concerning to anyone? Also I have not experience with the MR's 4500+. How do the MR's compare to to other BIG names?

Trial153

WKR
There are things in life that i worry about. This isnt one of the them. As far as comparing to "Big Names" in packs, i really dont know how much bigger you can get then Mystery Ranch. I have never had any issue with MR build quality, no matter where they were produced.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I’ve had US and Phillipines made MR. Quality was indistinguishable and absolutely top notch.

I will second that. My late model metcalf is everybit as solid as my older US stuff. Kudos to manufacturers that can make it work building in the states but the cost savings of sewing overseas is pretty significant. Quality is a matter of choice though. MR / Dana Gleeson packs are annoyingly bombproof. You will want to upgrade and your pack will still be going strong. As I write this, my 20 year old Dana designs pack is sitting in the basement waiting patiently for the next trip.