Cleaning pack harness

cvsetter

FNG
I've been hitting it pretty hard pack training to get ready for my first co. elk hunt.with the highs in the mid 90's I've been soaked when I'm done hiking,the foam shoulder straps and back pad on my exo 3500 is starting to get that sweaty two weeks of summer football camp smell.is that something I could take off and throw in the washing machine or wash by hand and line dry?

LaHunter

WKR
I do the same, except I use unscented clothes washing detergent and lots of baking soda. Seems to work well.

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Cold soak in a tub, or in a bin outside. Agitate with some non-scented detergent if you have it. Air dry. We do it all of the time and it works well.

Cold soak in a tub, or in a bin outside. Agitate with some non-scented detergent if you have it. Air dry. We do it all of the time and it works well.

Ditto. Have done the baking soda thing too. Tub of warm water and a bit of detergent. Rinse thoroughly in the showe or with a hose. Depending on your pack/dirt/sweat quotient you may get a bit of a salt crust on the outside when it dries. Rinse some more if you do.

OP
C

cvsetter

FNG
Thanks for the replies,doing a overnighter this weekend but when I get home going to rinse it out.

Idahomnts

Lil-Rokslider
Diy car wash or pressure washer , straight water or scrub down with atsko sport wash ,