Unit 10 Idaho help!

krohboy

WKR
Well it's day 3 of my first spring bear hunt. We did a lot of online scouting but when we got here it's thicker then we thought and we're having trouble finding greened up areas. Anybody have past or current experience and want to help a rokslider out with some general areas to look?

We packed out midday today to try to find a different area. Have 4 more days and we are looking to make the most of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idahogobbler

Lil-Rokslider
If your staying around kooskia which I'm guessing you are if you have service drive further up 12 towards Montana the higher you get the more open it gets.... The closer you get to Lolo the more spur roads you can take my advice if your going to get close to Lolo is to hunt the divide between Idaho Montana if it's open might still have snow.... If your going to be closer to kooskia you can still spot and stalk but would of been better off baiting.... Send me a pm and I'll get you some better info if your around cell service I used to hunt 10/12 allot

Colton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im hunting those areas this year, also new to bear hunting so any advice would be great.

10 and 12 near the border will be snowy into the first week of june this year. You can look at the lolo pass cam or the lolo pass snotel to give you an idea, remember though that the pass cam is only at 5250'. Usually when the depth of the snow on the pass cam marker has just melted down to no snow, the higher elevations (6000 or higher) will still have snow in places 3-4+ feet deep.

just looked at the snotel data and depth is at 50 inches right now, last year at this time, was 18 inches.