Dates for Spring Bear Montana or Idaho?

Titan_Bow

WKR
I'm working on researching and putting together a spring bear hunt with my 12 year son this coming year. We are going to drive up from Colorado and try and get my little guy on one with a rifle. If you have 5 days to hunt, what would be the ideal window as far as dates go?

MTguy0341

Lil-Rokslider
Depends on snow levels in the spring, at least for some truck access. It can be good early on when they're still up high. But once it starts greening up it helps to narrow down some areas. I would shoot for May as weather is a little more enjoyable and you'll be able to drive higher up to glass. That's just my opinion though. Either way spring bear is an awesome time to get out.

I'm working on researching and putting together a spring bear hunt with my 12 year son this coming year. We are going to drive up from Colorado and try and get my little guy on one with a rifle. If you have 5 days to hunt, what would be the ideal window as far as dates go?

idea on areas in either state? In this corner of the state bear activity seems pretty slow until the last week of may/june. And snow levels in some areas can surprise you clear into july.

OP
Titan_Bow

Titan_Bow

WKR
I have not narrowed down a specific unit yet, but will likely be a region 1 unit in NW Montana

Do you need points to hunt spring bear in those states or are the otc tags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk