Oregon Spring Bear Results

Elkfever

Lil-Rokslider
ODFW has posted results for spring bear.
OR Licensing @ OutdoorCentral

Hope everyone drew the tag they were after. There wasn't too much suspense in my application for Catherine Crk/Keating/Pine Crk. but it's exciting to officially see "successful" next to my application!

Coincidentally, was listening to a really good spring bear podcast from Rich Outdoors, this morning. Worth a listen.
The Rich Outdoors Podcast - Spring Bear

arri1942

Lil-Rokslider
No luck for me. Next year I guess. I was surprised because I thought I would at least draw on my second choice. Seems to be my luck with drawing tags though.

wncbrewer

Lil-Rokslider
I drew the south blues tag. Looking forward to it after this long wet winter over here on the west side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

541hunter

WKR
Got the first come first serve sw spring bear

I drew South Blue Mountains as well. I think I'm going to spend it scouting elk in Silvies, which should be a 100% shot for my group this year. This will be trip number four there for us. Make sure you pick up your cougar tag. Guys in my group have taken four cats out of Silvies and Desolation in the last five years while hunting bear. We've had a couple of guys miss out on cougars due to not having a tag. Good luck.

541hunter

WKR
I drew South Blue Mountains as well. I think I'm going to spend it scouting elk in Silvies, which should be a 100% shot for my group this year. This will be trip number four there for us. Make sure you pick up your cougar tag. Guys in my group have taken four cats out of Silvies and Desolation in the last five years while hunting bear. We've had a couple of guys miss out on cougars due to not having a tag. Good luck.

I ran into a very large cat this on a main trail this year in Desolation. Unfortunately at 15' I had no time to get an arrow off.

Not to change the topic but is bear hunting that much better on the east side? I live on the west side and we have so many bear here that it seems pointless to drive over there for a bear. is it easier? Just curious

wncbrewer

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody got any pointers for a first time bear hunter?

I read "no bait just bears" and am currently getting a list of questions together for the biologist. I found a ridge that was hammered with sign back in September, adjacent to a burn, so planning on starting there and covering a lot of country. Any pointers would certainly be appreciated.

charvey9

WKR
First time I've failed to draw a spring bear tag. SW Oregon already sold out also. Turkey's better watch out this year.

Has anyone else got 5 emails from ODFW with the results? I guess they just like rubbing it in that I didn't dray a tag.

charvey9

WKR
Anybody got any pointers for a first time bear hunter?

I read "no bait just bears" and am currently getting a list of questions together for the biologist. I found a ridge that was hammered with sign back in September, adjacent to a burn, so planning on starting there and covering a lot of country. Any pointers would certainly be appreciated.

That's about it. Just get to an area with fresh greens and glass, and, glass, and glass.

First time I've failed to draw a spring bear tag. SW Oregon already sold out also. Turkey's better watch out this year.

Has anyone else got 5 emails from ODFW with the results? I guess they just like rubbing it in that I didn't dray a tag.

I got the same emails for my wife's tag. They finally stopped.

I drew North Cascades second choice

OP
E

Elkfever

Lil-Rokslider
Wncbrewer, I'm a rookie at spring bear as well. I highly recommend clicking the link I included in my original post to listen the Rich outdoors podcast regarding spring beer hunting. Good luck!

OP
E

Elkfever

Lil-Rokslider
300wsm, I drew the same tag. I have hunted that country every fall for the last five years and love it although I've never bear hunted in the spring over there. Love that country. If you see a silver F150 with a Leer canopy and IAFF sticker on the back, I'll be covering a lot of that country beteen May 15-24. Hopefully, the weather and bears cooperate. Good luck to you!

wncbrewer

Lil-Rokslider
Wncbrewer, I'm a rookie at spring bear as well. I highly recommend clicking the link I included in my original post to listen the Rich outdoors podcast regarding spring beer hunting. Good luck!

Listened to that one twice already. Thanks for posting.

Colby

Lil-Rokslider
I'll drew keating pine cr. catherine cr. Going to take my kid over with me and see if we can find one.

300WSM

FNG
300wsm, I drew the same tag. I have hunted that country every fall for the last five years and love it although I've never bear hunted in the spring over there. Love that country. If you see a silver F150 with a Leer canopy and IAFF sticker on the back, I'll be covering a lot of that country beteen May 15-24. Hopefully, the weather and bears cooperate. Good luck to you!

Good luck to you to we saw a few this fall hopefully we can find them this spring. Only a few more weeks and we can get after it.

My buddy and I will be biking around the Saddle Mt. unit. I'm just excited to get out.