Snow

Hey fellas, anyone know how the snow out in NW part of Montana is? Just got back from Colorado from a 4 day snowmobile trip and there was an easy 8ft in some areas. Heading out that way in May to bear hunt.

mt100gr.

WKR
It better be gone by May!! I live (valley floor) pretty close to the foothills of the swan range and still have a good 20 inches on the level. That's settled with the warm up we had. it was closer to 3 feet. the ski hill in whitefish has over 100 inches currently.

The mountains are full of snow now and were getting a little everyday lately and for the next few.

Unless we get pretty warm soon, late May may be the beginning of bear season.

Wasatchbuck

Lil-Rokslider
NRCS National Water and Climate Center | Home

That website is your friend when it comes to see what is on the ground with regards to snow depth. You can also go into it and look at historical information to help you establish an average of when the snow comes off at any given snotel site. I just went through and did a nine year average to see what it would be like for the area we are going to hunt this year. Keep a close eye on it as the season draws near.

OP
D
Thanks guys for the input! I'm really hoping it starts warming up out there. We've had a ridiculously warm winter in the Midwest. I may have to pack the snow shoes.

OP
D
Looks like some warm weather is slowly melting the snow up in the NW part of Montana. 10 more days! Anyone seeing any bears out?

There is still a lot of snow here at higher elevations. We got up at 5k and it was still knee deep.