Chasing Montana Black Bear

Saylean

FNG
Great footage Randy! Let me know if you ever want a bear caller to help you out!

Dameon

WKR
Getting pelted by rain and hail sucks, but at least you got off that ridge in time. Lightning is not something I would take a chance on either. Keep after it.

Be sure to give us a review when you can on those new binos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I love these YouTube semi live series! I've been following along each day. Good stuff. I'm digging the dairy queen shirt on day 10 ;-)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
R

Randy Newberg

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Day 10 - A fool and his sanity are easily parted.

[video=youtube_share;DcU4ah2i-k0]https://youtu.be/DcU4ah2i-k0[/video]

This feedback is good for us to read. We are having so much success on YouTube and soon to be moving to Amazon Prime, it is hard to justify the cost of paying the network huge sums to air our content when the networks have such a shrinking audience.

I am considering doing a lot more of these semi-live hunts where technology and access to Al Gores internet would allow. From the feedback we have received, it seems folks would be interested in that.

I just wonder if the response would be the same during hunting season when our audience is out hunting and not tied to desks all day long. Or, maybe we just do them Mon-Fri when we know more people are stuck at work/home where they can watch it.

It is an evolving idea, but the feedback on this hunt makes is obvious that we need to be doing more of this type of content. Thanks to all who are following along.

tkjwonta

FNG
Thanks Randy, great stuff! I have a tough time devoting 30-60 mins to a daily tv show between work and family. But I really enjoy listening/watching your semi-live hunts at lunch or on the way to/from work on my phone.

Randy! Thank you for sharing your video series bear hunts with us!! I often find myself watching your videos on my lunch break and cheering you on, hoping you will catch that lucky break!! I admire your persistence in your "favorite" spot but I'm glad to see you changed up the scenery for day 11 and 12! I find my best success comes when I'm fluid and willing to try something new. Bear hunting like all hunting is 100% opportunity. Seeing game is a whole lot different than taking game and you have to be willing to put yourself in a position of opportunity!!

Your truly the only hunting show/personality that I follow because I really appreciate what you bring to the table.

Spring bear is truly a passion of mine and I cherish this time of year in the woods!! I'm guessing that your unit closed May 31st. If you want or have time this weekend I would offer to take you and crew into one of my spots this weekend thats open until June 15th. Send me a pm if your interested. I'm close by ;)

Thanks again for taking us along in your hunt this spring! I'm sad to think that your hunt might be over!

Cheers!!
Dan

Saylean

FNG
I can tell you this Randy, I have cut my cable tv about 7 years back and do not miss it at all. Anything I need/want to watch I can get on the internet thanks to Al Gore, or via hulu or Netflix. I hated having my money go to MSNBC, CNN, etc when all I really wanted to watch was the occasional hunting show, some news and maybe a few local channels or UFC fight.
Thanks for putting in the effort in both the hunt and putting together the footage. I am sure we all appreciate it whether we post on here or not.
Keep it up!

OP
R

Randy Newberg

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
This season is now a wrap for us. Day 12.

[video=youtube_share;VFp5y9dRynA]https://youtu.be/VFp5y9dRynA[/video]

Wapiti66

Lil-Rokslider
Cool videos, thanks for sharing. If I understood right you were only hunting afternoon and evenings.? Curious why you wouldn't also hunt in the mornings? Ive never hunted bear and know nothing about them, just curious.

OP
R

Randy Newberg

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Cool videos, thanks for sharing. If I understood right you were only hunting afternoon and evenings.? Curious why you wouldn't also hunt in the mornings? Ive never hunted bear and know nothing about them, just curious.

Two reasons. First, I've never had much luck with Montana bears in the morning. Second, we had to be at the office editing the footage from the night before. Five hours of footage takes about five hours to edit down to a 5-8 minute clip.

Thanks for watching.

OP
R

Randy Newberg

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Hunters are serious gear junkies. We had tons of comments over the course of this hunt where people asked what gear I was using. So, one evening we did a "bag dump" up on the mountain while waiting for the bears to arrive.

[video=youtube_share;P9cKDdOBZzo]https://youtu.be/P9cKDdOBZzo[/video]

Dameon

WKR
I would add an SOL Escape Bivy. I saw that episode where you spent the night on the mountain chasing elk.......