Bear hunting in Wisconsin

I'm going bear hunting in north central Wisconsin. During the first week of September. This is going to be my first time ever hunting over bait and for a bear period and was looking for any advice. What to look for in size or a mature boar and what not. Thanks

Kindo

WKR
Where about are you hunting? Just make sure your unit isn't in the Dogs first area. I'm up around the Spooner area. Look for a big saggy belly and small ears. Try to look at as many pictures as you can online to get an idea for sizes. I shot the 5th one I saw on my first day and had a bad case of ground shrinkage! They're easily the most difficult animal to judge in my experience.

I am in Price county, use a birch post near the bait so you can gauge the size of the animal. Shoot a bit closer to the front shoulder if you use a rifle. if you hunt on public land, be ready to have hound hunters near by. Many times the bear will not abandon the bait just because some hounds came through, contrary to popular belief. Also, if you have any interest in running with hounds with the chance of a great bear, give me a PM. Be prepared to sit as long as possible, bear like to come in at random times. Also, it may take a day or two for the local bear to get use to your personal scent. Good luck.