CO units 21 & 30

Aporia

FNG
My hunting party is thinking of adding bear tags to our rifle season 2 elk hunt. What is your experience with seeing bears in the units mentioned? Good bet or a fool's errand?

I'm thinking if we're lucky enough to get an elk we can attract a bear with the gut pile. Is that considered baiting in CO? Thoughts?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bar

Banned
No, it's not baiting as long as you don't move any of the gut pile from the kill site.

jray5740

Lil-Rokslider
I know this is an old thread but Im trying to dig up a good bear hunt this year as the leftover process was less than favorable for me yesterday haha does any one have any more info on a starting point for bear in unit 21? North/South? Elevation of food sources? Drainage's they hang around? I know its been dryer than a pop corn fart there this year so I am assuming I need to find watering holes. Thanks for the help all!

jray5740

Lil-Rokslider
Haha so I take it in this unit your saying most of the hunters drive the road hoping to see whatever they can shoot from 50 yards off the road? So yes I will definately be doing better than most haha No one out there has a good starting point for me? I hear the bear population is very high but it definately helps to start in a good location!

Dos Perros.....if that was a joke inoffering a starting point outside of my vehicle, touché

I haven’t spent a ton of time over there, and have never seen a bear, but just commenting I did run into quite a few bear hunters but none outside of a vehicle.