WY Black Bear

WyoRob

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone familiar with information in regards to black bear density or average size in the Snowy Range mountains of WY? If my goal is a 350-400+ pound bear am I wasting my time? Where in the west is going to be my best best of big bears?

Anyone familiar with information in regards to black bear density or average size in the Snowy Range mountains of WY? If my goal is a 350-400+ pound bear am I wasting my time? Where in the west is going to be my best best of big bears?

You going to be hard pressed to find a black bear that large in the snowy's. I guided bear hunters down there for a few seasons. There are some larger bears in the southern part but most of that country is private. How do plan on hunting them?

By the way, I'm not saying that you can't kill a bear that big in this nice because you can! They are there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aidan_downey

Lil-Rokslider
Definitely tough to find that size of a boar down here in the Snowy's. Saw one last year about that size, but that is by far the biggest one that I have seen. From what I have heard your best best for finding huge bears in the lower 48 is Idaho. I have seen some monsters taken out of there, that is where I would recommend.

Okhotnik

WKR
Alberta or Saskatchuwan