Last Minute Idaho Bear Hunt

1signguy

WKR
I am headed to Idaho next month for a mule deer/elk hunt on a buddies place. Was thinking of doing a few days of bear hunting... Like to do it within an hour or two of Boise... Was thinking of doing an outfitter/bait hunt for a 2-3 days around the 11th of November if anyone has any space... Appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.

TheTone

WKR
The vast majority of Idaho bear seasons close on Oct 31, with only a couple units staying open until Nov 8

OP

1signguy

WKR
For some reason I thought I read November 20 or something like that... Guess I just focus on the mule deer and elk...

Rwbrew3

WKR
Just wondering why you dont hunt AZ for black bear, there are some big big bears there and it's in your back yard. I was born in Prescott, almost my whole family is from there. I miss hunting in AZ !!

Either way, hope it works out, i hunt bear in Idaho, up in the Riggins area, and Elk in the McCall area .......

OP

1signguy

WKR
Thanks! We hunt AZ black bear- headed to Idaho tomorrow for mule deer and elk and just thought it would be fun to get after a bear while I was there if I could figure something out. Looking forward to seeing some good animals!