To many choices and just enough time!

skierhs

WKR
So my calendar looks like I will have a week or two for a spring bear hunt in the middle to end of May. I am based out of Denver, so my three main options are looking to be Wyoming, Idaho, Montana. Right now, I think I will be going to Wyoming because this fall I will be going to law school most likely in either Utah, Montana, Colorado or Idaho and Wyoming borders all of them so if I don’t connect in the spring I will have a chance with limited time in the fall. The second thought is that even though I did northern Idaho last spring a 3 or 4 hour drive up to 10 hours is much more manageable solo then a 18 hour drive. My main question is how Wyoming spring bear compares to Idaho as I only have done Idaho before. My method of take will be spot and stalk with a rifle that I can really stretch out if I need to. Feel free to PM me as well.

There are some good bear hunting areas to be found. I wish there was more spot and stalk areas but at least we have some. The closer you get to Idaho the better the spot and stalk.

OP
S

skierhs

WKR
There are some good bear hunting areas to be found. I wish there was more spot and stalk areas but at least we have some. The closer you get to Idaho the better the spot and stalk.

does it just make sense to suck it up and keep driving west to idaho then? I dont know the southern region of idaho at all and how much more condusive it would be for spot and stalk.

OP
S

skierhs

WKR
I saw a huge bear in the Ferris Mnts a few years ago so who knows where you could find one. But honestly I think further west will have more bears

I'll keep that in mind. Maybe i'll have to go all the way west into ID then if there trully is the best spot and stalk out of the three states.