Montana Spring bear dates

I'm about to book a flight into Bozeman, MT. I'm thinking May 11th - 20th. is that a decent time frame? I can do it whenever, but somehow came up with that date. I think I'll head up to around Libby and try and see what that's like.

I just figured I'd ask y'all about the dates, before I book a ticket that's hard to change.

Thanks in Advance!!!

Surprised you wouldn’t fly into Kalispell or Missoula! That’s a long drive to Libby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon Boy

WKR
Dates should be good, but can be better later. Bozeman area has had a brutal winter and I dont think the crazies, bridgers or gallatins will offer much access or good bear hunting until the very end of the season.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
One tip for that area: look up the forest service road schedules - there’s a lot that is closed until pretty late due to snow at elevation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have a good snow pack this year, so unless it's an unusually warm spring, access into high country could be an issue. Maybe not so much in lower elevations. Some units are open until 5/31 and others through 6/15. As a local it's easy to just watch the snow melt and go when conditions are right. If you are flying in for just one week, I might lean towards coming a week later to be safe. You will most likely be able to make your current dates work if you are flexible on location, but there's a chance you won't be able to access some higher elevation spots.

OP
alexanderg23
Dates should be good, but can be better later. Bozeman area has had a brutal winter and I dont think the crazies, bridgers or gallatins will offer much access or good bear hunting until the very end of the season.

So a week to 2 later?

OP
alexanderg23
Woohoo got it done on the 17th!!! 450 yard shot, 5 hours to find him, 4.5 hour packout!

Attachments

• 65160D7C-D53B-4C84-98A4-0FDCB246DB73.jpg
    65160D7C-D53B-4C84-98A4-0FDCB246DB73.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 60